• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

after market suspensions?

fxnytrortx3

Expert
my friend has a 05 vector and is gonna break his suspension if he doesn't get aftermarket one. what would you guys suggest, he is on a tight budget.

thanks

darren

I'm going with the ZX2. I read alot about it and seems to be good once you get it dialed in.

but he really doesn't want to spend that much for and expert x. thats originally what i told him but i showed him the price and he went pale in the face.

darren

He can just transplant a used Cat, Doo, or Poo skid in his sled like a lot of the RX1 guys did. Should be able to pick up a good skid for around $200.

fxnytrortx3 said:
but he really doesn't want to spend that much for and expert x. thats originally what i told him but i showed him the price and he went pale in the face.

darren

I hear ya. My current Expert is worth a little over 3 grand. :o|

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for...most of the time.

1CrazySledder said:
fxnytrortx3 said:

darren

I hear ya. My current Expert is worth a little over 3 grand. :o|

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for...most of the time.

o ya for sure that defenitley true. if i was gonna get an aftermarket suspension i would invest in the expert. but thats me and i think he is getting a new sled soon so he doesn't want to spend a lot of money.

thanks

darren

You could get a decent used M10 on eBay for around $500, but an M10 is not a skid for ditchbangers IMO.

fxnytrortx3 said:
hey undecided how do you like your m10.

darren

darren,

I'm a trail cruiser, big mileage kinda rider. My M10 had dual clickers and the M-valve in the rear shock. It fits my riding style to a T. If it wasn't for the M10, I wouldn't own this sled because the stock rear skid...well let's just say I didn't like it and leave it at that. :Rockon:

i have the m-10 on my sled and i love it! it is a great all around skid! there is a write up on it here on the site somewhere. once you get it dialed in to your wieght it is golden!

Attachments

• IMG_0381 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0381 (Small).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0380 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0380 (Small).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0314 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0314 (Small).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 61
Want the cheapest fix! Uses Nytro Springs, get the stock center shock re-valved and replace the junk rear shock with an ohlins clicker. The ohlins clicker will set you out $429 but well worth it.

o thats a good idea i will tell him that he might like that instead of a grand for a whole new suspension.

o btw RSVECTORFREAK you sled looks almost exactly like my old rage i had. i had the same blue chrome windy. and whats wierd is that i took a pic of it in the snow like that and i looks exactly like that pic. its kinda wierd.

darren

Back