• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket Lower Balljoints

BLUEBALLER

Expert
Anyone source them out yet? I just had mine replaced about a month ago on warranty and they are both crap AGAIN!!! The left one is f&*king unbelievable. I was wondering why my sled has been darting so bad and handling like chit the last two rides. I got maybe 1000 miles on my second set before I noticed they were hooped.
I'm not interested in homemade jobbies, I want some stronger aftermarket ones. Anyone?

Eagle River Yamaha (907) 694-1600
Their lower ball joints are greasable and race proven.

Nikolai I think you should just do your own thing and offer it for sale and quit making little comments. Mine were perfect and have held up with zero problems.

Here

Attachments

• greasable lower ball joints.jpg
    greasable lower ball joints.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 198
so they added grease zerks to your a-arms. how does the grease get past the balljoint sleeve? are there holes in the sleeve of the balljoint? did they machine a "grease ring" in your a-arm as well?

cause if they didn't, as soon as you squirt some grease in the zerk, it will hit the sleeve and not go anywhere useful, other than come back out the zerk.

Nikolai - checked out your 2nd ride thread - crazy #*$&@ pics man, I couldn't believe the air you were getting. me likey.

Yes, you can definitely see grease come out around the ball joint when you pump it in there.

My stock, left side ball joint spit out the liner material at 500 miles. When we swtiched out to the better ball joints at 800 miles, the left side it was so loose you could jingle it. We joked that you could use it like a bell.

Attachments

• apex 001.jpg
    apex 001.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 98
My stock ones were so bad the lower a-arms were gouging my spindles. It's pathetic that yami can sell a 10K sled and put that low quality of a part on it.

Nikolai said:
My stock ones were so bad the lower a-arms were gouging my spindles. It's pathetic that yami can sell a 10K sled and put that low quality of a part on it.

Sometimes the vendors screw the manf. on quality too. I work in a place that manuf. ice machines,and see this all the time.

Motoman765 said:
Does anyone know if these aftermarket ball joints fit the Phazer as well?

The 07 Phazer and the 08 Nytro both have bulletins out on the lower ball joints. They are the same part # through Yamaha. So I would safely say these aftermarket would fit. I had my Nytro's fixed last week and The wives Phazer will be done next week with the updated Yamaha bushings not the aftermarket ones.

Back