• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket ski's? (Simmons or Slydog's)

snownutz

Expert
I'm in the market for some aftermarket ski's. I ride aggresive trail and off trail riding. I'm debating between simmons and Sly dogs, Not sure if the simmons original or gen.2 would best fit my riding style. As for the sly dogs would you recomend the trail ski or would the powder hound still be good on and off the trail ? If anybody has any experience in these ski's and has any thoughts I would appreciate it.

Just trying to help. Where and how do you currently ride? I DO have Slydog Poderhounds on my Attak. Can't speak of the other ones you have asked about. In my experience, the Powderhounds do everything I need a ski to do. Light steering on hardpack, with little to no push in loose trail conditions. Offtrail, they float the front of my Attak very well. Turning is just as good as the C@A Pros I have on my Viper. Hope this helped!!

Had great success with Powderhounds on my Attak, i'll be moving them to the MTX. I did have a chance to compare the Simmons Gen2 to the Powderhounds. The Gen2 will outright float the front of these heavy sleds. They should, it is like having 4 of the OEM's under it. Only real neg that I experienced with the Gen2's is that they eat up trailer space bigtime. If you don't trailer much, they are an excellent choice.

Back