• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Precision ski's? rx-1

suisse sledder, I too run the 4"/6" combo, but the dealer who sold me the skis told me to run the 6" on the outside. :?:

That price includes carbides.

Once they start loosing their ability to turn at road crossings ect. I install 6" Woodys carbides on the inside.

I ran the doo skis for most of last season. They are a love em/hate em ski. Very nice when running hardpacked snow, but really push in the soft stuff.

SinjinRX1, you can probably go either way with the 4"/6" combo. When you turn, one ski will use the inside carbide and the other ski will use the outside carbide. I suppose most of the sled's weight would be centered over the outside ski, which is where you would get the most bite. So maybe your dealer knew something that mine didn't :?:

I have simmons for my rx 1 . I have done the 2.3 springs and the 12 mm bar and I have rode 2 weekends since the additions . The first weekend I rode first day with the stock skis and the second and third day with the simmons . I found everyting better with the simmons . I had different conditions all 3 days . The push a bit is on the soft stuff in the corners but really make a difference witht the ski lift . The next weekend I had my stock skis on and I never did put the simmons on . I found in the soft stuff the stock skis pushed as much or more in the corners and were unpredictable, the would catch and let go . I found it more tippy witht the stock skis on and the ride felt rougher if that is possible.

In my opinion the simmons are way better . If it is loose in the corners I think almost anything will push but the simmons push less than the stock ones.

It is hard to compare without changing and riding the same trail but I covered the same type of riding conditons with both sets .

The only reason I changed back was the simmons would not fit on the rack in the back of my truck due to the ski guides the rack has on it( a friends rack)
Ger

that was one thing my "yamaha guy" said when I aske if I shold go with simmons over the ski doo skis , he said they will flex and the doo skis don't

Ger is making a good point that should not be overlooked. The Simmons skis with the carbides on the outside are a little wider than where the carbides would normally be located. So if you have ski guides on your trailer, they might need to be widened a little to accomodate the Simmons. Mine did. No big deal, but something you should be aware of.

Back