• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

airbox mod results

ebockus

Pro
I did the ulmer air box mod with a hauck fuel accelerator. I got the hauck for cheap so I thought I try. I was racing 2004 xc 700 clutching and exhaust mods. That machine works well surprisingly. Anyway, no mod, one or two lengths in 1000" with the mod, same day, same trail I was waving bye bye to the 700 in the mid range. He was pissed. Probably 5-7 lengths. I haven't dialed in the fuel yet. Using aem gauge. It looks like 2 green 2 yellow 3 or 2 red. It really doesn't need much fuel. I think the hauck goes to 8 and I'm using 2 or 3. Anything else fuel is below 12.5. I THINK I'm looking for 12.8 air fuel but no one wants to share yet. Anyone??????? No guessers here just people that have actually done it lol thanks. Anyway air box works, no doubt, period.

12.5 to 12.8 is the sweet spot at wide open throttle!

Thanks srx. I find it very difficult to monitor half throttle. Air flow ratios bounce at mid throttle. Any tricks here or just set wot and good to go

So I got curious to see my air fuel readings without hauck accelerator with ulmer air box mod and with exhaust mod. 2006 rtx runs right in the sweet spot 12.8 stock at bottom and WOT. No need for fuel accelerator. I thought with the exhaust and air bix done I would need it but the aem wide band gauge says its great. I added a little fuel like ulmer said on his website. So much wasted time. I should just listen to ulmer. Lesson learned

So conclusion is Ulmer airbox mod with stock fuel map and exhaust works great together and ratio is right on with no lean spots??? Did you check plugs before and after?

ulmer box, excell header, polaris 62 gram wieghts stock fuel map works mint. definate gains. beat a brand new polaris 800. hauck accelerator is no use to my. imo.

Back