• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All RX1 Newbies . . . CLEAN YOUR CARBS

Indy

TY 4 Stroke God
CLEAN YOUR CARBS! If your sled runs rough, wont idle, only runs with choke on . . . headlight doesnt work, a rip in the seat, carbides worn, . . . CLEAN YOUR CARBS! Even if you just cleaned them one hour earlier, clean them again. If it still runs poorly check your coils by starting the sled in the dark and look for arcing, if they are not arcing . . . clean your carbs again.

The Tech link on the home page has great instructions WITH PICTURES!
;)!

Re: All RX1 Newbies . . .

Indy said:
CLEAN YOUR CARBS! If your sled runs rough, wont idle, only runs with choke on . . . headlight doesnt work, a rip in the seat, carbides worn, . . . CLEAN YOUR CARBS! Even if you just cleaned them one hour earlier, clean them again. If it still runs poorly check your coils by starting the sled in the dark and look for arcing, if they are not arcing . . . clean your carbs again.

The Tech link on the home page has great instructions WITH PICTURES!
;)!

Yep X2!

Did my carbs 3 weeks ago , ran it last night and run likes crap , pulled the carbs again and you would never know I touched them, two carbs were plugged , green and mucky,never drained the tank but I am gunna now and add some seafoam. Yes CLEAN YOUR CARBS !

mopar yam said:
Did my carbs 3 weeks ago , ran it last night and run likes crap , pulled the carbs again and you would never know I touched them, two carbs were plugged , green and mucky,never drained the tank but I am gunna now and add some seafoam. Yes CLEAN YOUR CARBS !

X2

I dont understand, I have never cleaned the carbs on my rx-1 and it has ALWAYS ran 110%. It has never gave me any hiccups or anything never bogged or backfired or ran roughly, but then there is my buddy down the road from me and his carbs are always green as a christmas tree every year and has never really ran 100%. must be storage techniques I guess.

carbs

HOMEHARDWARE65 said:
I dont understand, I have never cleaned the carbs on my rx-1 and it has ALWAYS ran 110%. It has never gave me any hiccups or anything never bogged or backfired or ran roughly, but then there is my buddy down the road from me and his carbs are always green as a christmas tree every year and has never really ran 100%. must be storage techniques I guess.

the way you store it makes a big diff , hes right we have 3 of them never had any problems ,
i have removed them just to make sure but they are always clean

A lot of the problem is the crappy gas with ethonal. I'm lucky enough to be able to buy 87 octane with no ethonal in my home town - my RX-1 really likes that stuff. It runs great. Can always tell when I have inferior gas in the tank.

But yes, clean your carbs. Always good preventative mainteneance.

Before cleaning the carbs; drain your fuel tank.
Empty the fuel lines and fuel pump.
Clean the carbs, take a close look at the pilot jets, they are at 17.5 and easily clogs up.
Add fresh gas, pressurize the fuel tank and crank the starter until the sled starts.
If this doesn't help.... as said above.... clean them again, and again.

A friend of mine had to clean his carbs 7 times in a row on the same day to have his Warrior run right.

Jan-O
rxrider

x2 DID MINE TODAY ITS CRAZY I THINK THEY GET WORSE EVERY YEAR THIS NEW ETHONAL AND GAS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FUNNY GLAD YOU BUMPED THIS EVERY OTHER QUESTION ON HERE BOILS DOWN TO CLEANING THE CARBS NOT TORS!

CLEAN THEM AND IF ITS STILL SCREWED UP CLEAN EM AGIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must be one of the lucky ones, I haven't touched my carbs for the 3 years that I have owned it and I have had no issues. Other that installing bigger jets for the air box mod. I run seafoam through it about every 3rd or 4th tank and with the last tank of the season. I start it and bring it up to operating temp 3 or 4 times through out the summer and thats it. knock knock on wood!!!

stomper said:
I must be one of the lucky ones, I haven't touched my carbs for the 3 years that I have owned it and I have had no issues. Other that installing bigger jets for the air box mod. I run seafoam through it about every 3rd or 4th tank and with the last tank of the season. I start it and bring it up to operating temp 3 or 4 times through out the summer and thats it. knock knock on wood!!!
YOU HAVE THE SECRET!!!
It is not just the regular with Ethanol! The shelf life of all gas is not what it used to be!
The key though is running sea foam during the season so your dirty fuel system's get cleaned and the crap gets burned. If you just put it in for storage it will loosen everything up and when started it plugs everything.
We have had endles problem's with our pump motor's these last several year's. We switched to premium with no Ethanol and we still have the same problem's.
Any vented carbed motor will have the same issue's with the gas we have these
day's.
Sea foam a few times during the season, sea foam at storage, and run them every month to month and a half in off season. I always run in off season till I can't hardly hold my hand on the cooler's under the running board's. No problem's!

Back