• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

American Snowmobiler article

outofbounds

Veteran
The Spring issue of American Snowmobiler has a decent write-up called "Pounding the Powder".

They test the usual suspects in the 800 mountain class but threw in a Nytro MTX in order to have all of the manufacturers represented.

Stock MTX held its own - even placed second in their Hill Cross Course test.

No big surprises - they feel that the Yamaha would run vertical with the 800's if it lost a bit more weight and had a few more ponies under the hood.

Anyway, I wasn't sure how many of you see this magazine so I thought I'd let you know that there is a pretty good article there.

Good article but it was the only one with 162 track and it was a good three seconds behind the others up the hill. needs some more horse and time to pull some heavy steel off since Poo and Doo figured it out

bottlerocket said:
Why compare 600 class sled to 800's?

Because Yamaha has nothing in the 800 segment... Sad but true. An 800 is not always better than a 600 but when you need the power you need it. Simple as that.

pwa said:
bottlerocket said:
Why compare 600 class sled to 800's?

Because Yamaha has nothing in the 800 segment... Sad but true. An 800 is not always better than a 600 but when you need the power you need it. Simple as that.

You anwsered my question with " Because Yamaha has nothing in the 800 segment..." thanks

I just dont understand why SOOOO MANY people get upset when they hear the Nytro was still slower than the 800's!! ITS NOT EVEN IN THE SAME CLASS!! bottlerocket, you nailed it imo..

tapex_07 said:
I just dont understand why SOOOO MANY people get upset when they hear the Nytro was still slower than the 800's!! ITS NOT EVEN IN THE SAME CLASS!! bottlerocket, you nailed it imo..
It seems im crazy ~ thanks

Back