• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Android Smartphone GPS app with snowmobile trails

rws

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Arctic Cat XF8000 SnoPro Limited
I've been playing with Locus Pro an Android GPS app that has lots of features. I created offline maps with MOBAC for use when data service is not available. You can then load gpx files of any trails you want displayed on the map. Here's 3 map samples using Google Street Maps, ArcGIS Topo Maps and ArcGIS Shaded Street Maps with snowmobile trails in blue. Check out Locus on Google Play...you'll like it!

LocusONGoogleStreetMap.jpg

LocusONArcGISTopo.jpg

LocusONArcGISStreet.jpg

Thanks for the tip. Will definitely look into this one. I see Kenora in your samples. Does this mean it has the OFSC trail maps?

Mooseman said:
Thanks for the tip. Will definitely look into this one. I see Kenora in your samples. Does this mean it has the OFSC trail maps?

You load gpx trail files that will display over the basemap. In the example above I have all trails for OFSC Dist 17 plus some non club trails in that area.

Here's my collection of gpx trail files...

LocusSnowmobileTrails.jpg

Wow, everytime I think that I am figuring out this techy stuff, I relize how dumb that I am......what did you say? LOL. Looks very cool

Back