• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

another w arm question

bigd

could anyone give me a # or website to a company that builds aftermarket w bar for 05 rx1? mine has not broke yet, but it seems like it will according to everyone that has one of these sleds. 1400 miles and a little concerned that it could do an expensive mess up. thanks

If there's nothing wrong with the one you have beef it up a little, it will save you some money and give you the peace of mind your looking for. I still have the original on my wifes 05 at 4500 miles probably time to pull it out and check it as you say before it does any real damage. ;)!

I broke 2 last year the new ones are supposedly better than the stock 05. It had to do with the welds and they fixed it on the 07's up.

Just order a 2008 from your Yamaha dealer its realy beefed up for '08, I owned a RX1 '05 and had to change it and now own a '08 APEX and what a difference its much stronger and zerted for grease on the upper bushings.

Too many crashes - bad knees, hips and back don't like the position on the Apex I updated the RX's and they are faster ! I crashed my 06 RTX but still ride 2 buddies and can't get comfortable on long rides.

Just found two cracks in my 04's pivot arm. They may replace it under Y.E.S. Right now they asked for pictures to show whether or not the arm's bumpers and bumper stops were in place. Apparently, they suggested that we may not be setting up the suspension correctly and our poor suspension setup is causing these cracks. Yah Right! These are stress cracks in the heat affected zone of the welds. Anyway, ... we'll see how it goes on this. We just sent them pics that shows the bumpers and stops are all intact.

Also, the spring support on the middle shock (Front Rear Suspension) had cracked and deformed. The spring was only partially supported. This may have contributed to the pivot arm’s cracking.??? But get this: You cannot buy just the support. You have to buy the whole $470 shock. ??? I'll start another thread on this topic, once I get the pics off the phone's camera.

Back