• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Antifreeze leak

no-fear-875

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 yamaha apex rtx/2005 rx1
I thought it was coming from the heat exchanger under my foots on BOTH sides, but now looking at it closer, the stream is coming from down the inside of the tunnel, it's not pouring out, but it is leaving a puddle on the floor on each side of the sled, i haven't taken off the seat to look yet, i have been sick, but is there something under there that i might be concerned about? Anyone else know any common problems about this? 17k Miles on it now.

You won't find anything under the seat that can leak coolant. My guess the your running board exchangers are leaking.
This happened to me a few years ago. I had a/f puddles on each side of the sled in the am. At first it looked like from the inside of the tunnel. Traced it down to the running board exchangers.
Installed some good used ones and added tunnel supports. So far so good.

My guess would be side heat exchangers (been there) but both sides at once? If it is coming down the tunnel from above the exchangers then I think you have to look at the cooler at the front of the tunnel.

Well i feel like an *Donkey, lol. I took the sled all apart, did not see any leaking, no where. took the seat off and the bottom of it was wet, I was like wtf, so i just happen to look in the back glove compartment, and there was an empty pepsi bottle with about 1/4 of antifreeze left in it, squeezed the bottle and the rest came out, im about 99% sure that's what it is, taken for a test ride today.

Thanks everyone for all the help, and get a good laugh from me, lol.

Awesome end result. Much better than any alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

that would do it.

Well i feel like an *Donkey, lol. I took the sled all apart, did not see any leaking, no where. took the seat off and the bottom of it was wet, I was like wtf, so i just happen to look in the back glove compartment, and there was an empty pepsi bottle with about 1/4 of antifreeze left in it, squeezed the bottle and the rest came out, im about 99% sure that's what it is, taken for a test ride today.

Thanks everyone for all the help, and get a good laugh from me, lol.

I know this is from last winter, but I'm curious if that really was your problem? If so, lucky you, except that you did take the sled apart. :( I just replaced both of mine, they both were cracked. :(

Back