• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any body tried a cold air kit from Fix Power Sports

i have,, its all been posted somewhere,,, but it helped mine,, not sure if it was the air box alone,, I do have a set of Hauck pipes on it,,,toghter it made wild,, had to add weight in my clutch,, made it louder,, So yes I like it,,

I just got the kit yesterday. I can't see why it wouldn't help some. It allows the air (alot more air) a straight shot into the throttle bodies. It defanately sounds meaner :flag:

yamaouch08 said:
Mighty Warrior, on the ram air kit do you put a different lid on your air box or just use the same won and cut it out? Thanks
It's a new lid. Makes it easy to swap back and forth for comparison. If this does end up working, guys could save big bucks and make their own. Simply cut the openings in your stock lid, get something with course mesh to put over the opening and then cover the mesh with treated (for water) filtering fabric.

yamaouch08 said:
Mighty W Do you have a cold air kit to? I got my yesterday and could believe it was as simple as a set up as that. I wish I would have thought of it
Yes and I had the same exact thoughts you did :ORC

the cold air kit wont add power,, and this is from Tim himself,, but does allow the engine to run cooler,,,but he did suggest that it helps the ram air kit.. i did more testing today, in total i had to add about 5 grams of weiht in my clutch,,, i went from being 1 or 2 sleds ahead of of a good running ZR9 to being way ahead,, like not even close, , the guy was pretty bumed out,, taught he would be kicking a 4 strokers a$$,, a long track to boot

Sold mine to Mightywarrior, to damn loud for me. Made BIG improvement in mid and top end. You WILL need to add clutch weight to keep rpm in ideal range.

Cold air kit is a joke. Just remove the blocker plate on front frame. FYI cold air kit is not compatabale with front bag.

Back