• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any ideas?? Electrical issue

mysledblows

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, mcx phazer, phazer, apex
07 apex - last ride last year it started acting up - would be riding along and sled would die like you hit the kill switch, then keep running without having to turn key to restart, and hand warmers quit about a mile from home. Shut it down and it hasn’t ran since. Kill switch up, key on equals nothing. Like there is no battery. Battery is good, I can get it to crank if I jump the starter solenoid. The white plug on the solenoid looks good (not full of green goo), harness appears to have no rubbed wires, ground blocks were done a few years ago, I’m not sure what else to look at and don’t want to just throw parts at it. Kill switch fail, key switch, ecu fail, any other thoughts? Anyone know how to test them or bypass to test? Thanks.

try bypassing the kill switch. had one mess up with ice/water problem as these newer sleds run live power through the kill switch.

Mine did that. It was the ground connectors.

Back