• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any Impulse turbo owners?

I'm planning to do a DIY turbo set for my 06 Apex. Impulse turbo has an interesting gas tank,
does anybody happen to have any better pics than on Impulse's own web page? I'd like to know
does this tank use modified stock seat or is it meant to be used with a special seat.

There is a really good build on here where a guy built a turbo kit including a Fuel tank like Impulses set up. May be he could chime in on this for you?

There was a mid mount tank and seat in the classifieds if I remember right.

Thats the problem with impulse apex kits, no seats! I have an impulse header on a RX1, more or less the same as an apex. You have to do some cutting of the chassis for the header to fit. I was so tired of left of center headers breaking. After couple yrs of impulse being out there, never heard a peep on the internet about his headers. So I gave one a try, but my kits is 1 off. I use mcx intercooler, impulse header/downpipe/support bracket, oil lines I had fabbed up locally. Did the charge tube my self. Next was the fuel tank, last time I spoke to impulse, tank was over $1000usd. Maybe its changed, so I didnt buy it. Also impulse tank needs the top the tunnel to be flat. Cant have the exhaust hump in the tunnel. I used a fuel tank from Alpine Yamaha, off there nytro kit. They also have a seat. My luck, they had a good used tank/seat. Had another local buddy do abit fiberglass work to tank cowel look nicer. I have pictures of what the header looks like in the sled in the build section. Search in "4stroke sled garage", author "Red", "subject impulse/mcx RX1" Your best bet would email Paul @ impulse about apex seats. He told, he took a sled over to boss seats. Ask them to build a seat for the sled. It sat there all summer, they told we have no interest in making seats for 4 stroke stuff. They have a guy making nytro seats, maybe he is now doing apex seats. I also had drain issues with the turbo, I had to increase the line from 3/8" to 5/8" or 10mm to 15mm.

Thanks for the answers. Usually I can't find anything, when I try to use search. Or most times thousands of answers that doesn't contain what I searched for :o|

I'm not building an Impulse set, I'm just curious about their tank, because I'm planning something similar to get some
of the weight back from the front. Also I'd like to have bigger tank than the original. I guess I have to fab a seat on my
own, if there aren't any suitable products available.

My goal is to achieve minimal lag and about 250-300 hp. I've been thinking about Mitsubishi T16 or Garrett 2560R, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Have you thought about using a Ski-Doo Rev tank and seat ? I made my RX1 into a midmount and used the Rev parts.

Ken............

I have one on my apex. I have his header, seat, tank, turbo support. I built custom exhaust though as his kits are only downpipe into tunnel. Oval stainless tubing running into short glass pack into turndown pipe not pictured. What do want pictures of? As Red said you have to do some bulkhead and tunnel mods. You can get a stock seat to work as I seen a pic of one when I did a Google image search for his kits but it looked funny. I'll put up more pics, I have to get them off my phone.

Attachments

• IMAG0413.jpg
    IMAG0413.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 418
  • IMAG0418.jpg
    IMAG0418.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 226
Here's some more.

Attachments

• IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMAG0411.jpg
    IMAG0411.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 332
Thanks for the pics! That tank is huge ;)! I had a very reasonable offer of REV tank and seat, I think
I'm going with those instead of this type of a tank. Just our of curiosity, do you have any pics with a seat?

I thought I did but can't find it. I'll get one later today. There's a surge also in the front of the sled that holds more fuel. With tanks It's about 11.5 gallons.

The seats are out there but you might have to wait. I was lucky with mine, Paul at impulse was doing a nypex build and had one from the original apex. The tank wasn't from a stock tunnel but from a cr tunnel so it sat about 1/4" above tunnel but couple shims and that solved that. I had to do some exhaust because tunnel dump is not trail friendly in Wisconsin or for your own ears for a long ride.

Back