• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Meth Injection - Tank Questions

DigitalFusion

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX, 10 Turbo Phazer MTX, 08 Phazer, 88 SnoScoot
After finding out my new-to-me Phazer does not have a head shim in it after all, I am very close to pulling the trigger on a Hurricane meth kit. Messing around with getting and mixing race gas is a giant pain and there is only one place to get it thats an hour (round-trip) away.

The only issue, besides sinking even more money into a sled I have yet to even ride, is space. The only place I could really mount a pump and tank is under the seat and stock gas tank where the exhaust used to run (side mount turbo).

wrDHCjQ.jpg

I think I would have to have some type of horizontal tank where the 14" ruler is, and the pump mounted under the seat where the seat frame angles up. I first need to figure out what size of tank I should be shooting for, but since this is a Phazer there isnt much info out there to go off of.

I'll be running with out the headshim (12.4:1) on pump gas (91 octane) at 8 psi around here (1000 feet) and my buddies cabin (1500-2000 feet), and then whatever psi I could safely run out west (7500-10,000 feet). I want the meth to last for a full tank of fuel (7 gallons, plus a potential for two more gallons from a rotopax).

How big of a tank capacity-wise should I be looking to buy or have made? Any tips on where I might be able to find a horizontal tank? Is putting the tank right over the tunnel cooler asking for trouble? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure that whatever location that the level of water/meth in the tank is below the nozzles in the intake or you risk gravity siphoning and draining the tank into the intake.

Make sure that whatever location that the level of water/meth in the tank is below the nozzles in the intake or you risk gravity siphoning and draining the tank into the intake.
If the injection nossles were installed in the Boondocker intake manifold, it still should be above the level of the tank, as long as I have the clearance for that.

Sometimes being the first to try something is fun.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I spent hours upon end last night trying to research what size tank I would need and I cant find much information. This is the most I have been able to find.

Trail riding my nytro with the group I can go 2 tanks of fuel to 2.5 litres of meth. If I am cranking hard on boost 1 tank to 1 tank.

I also realized that making a horizontal tank would be trouble. I could angle the tank, but what happens when the skis are in the air or a person is climbing a steep grade? You almost have to have a vertical tank in a snowmobile application.

Back