• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any interrest in a Custom rear rack for your XTX's?

Deadman

Expert
There is a guy that builds these racks for Ski-doos, and he is willing to make some for us Yami boys if there is a demand.
I'll post a pic of the Doo one, and you guys can let me know if you would like it. Its main purpose is to hold your fuel can and or bag in place, and give good tie down anchors. The doo ones were around $110 and are all Aluminium. The guy made special bracets for the doo guys, so they could mount certain LED taillights to it, and i'm sure he'd do the same for us.
revrack4.jpg

revrack3.jpg

revrack2.jpg

revrack.jpg

Yes I would be very interested in one! I am concerned with a lack of cargo spage not having a trunk and I do not like saddle bags due to snow build up in the deep.

I have no clue, I don't make these.....its a guy on Dootalk. I believe its a trailer taillight housing of some sort.
I can get more info from this guy if there is interrest here. I'm just trying to hook you guys up, so I'll see what you guys think of it first.

Contact me at webmaster@totallyamaha.com and I will shoot you a rate for classifieds sales. It will be a per month rate. This is the only way to be fair to all the others that use the site in the same fashion and also pay to do so.

Tom

06RSRAGE said:
In the 3rd picture you have a oval L.e.d. trailer light where did you get that mount or did you make it... I want an led taillight for Rage.

It was a custom aluminum box. I think there is a premade one laying around somewhere.

As for lower profile the Poo one is about 2.5 inches high, mine measures 3.5 inches. Also the poo one does not accomodate nearly as many different types of bags and straps as this does.

As I am a Doo guy I have to ask... don't you worry about your exhaust?

Admin, I always play by the rules. I pay on DT to advertise and I moderate on 2 other snowmobile sites so I don't want to ruffle feathers. I don't know deadman except that he was looking at a rack and I guess wanted to pass on the knowledge to everyone else here.

2trax4me said:
06RSRAGE said:
In the 3rd picture you have a oval L.e.d. trailer light where did you get that mount or did you make it... I want an led taillight for Rage.

It was a custom aluminum box. I think there is a premade one laying around somewhere.

As for lower profile the Poo one is about 2.5 inches high, mine measures 3.5 inches. Also the poo one does not accomodate nearly as many different types of bags and straps as this does.

Admin, I always play by the rules. I pay on DT to advertise and I moderate on 2 other snowmobile sites so I don't want to ruffle feathers. I don't know deadman except that he was looking at a rack and I guess wanted to pass on the knowledge to everyone else here.

exhaust isnt a problem with the 90 degree elbow you fit on the muffler

2trax4me said:
06RSRAGE said:

Ya man, I'm not looking to sell these.....I'd rather you sell them, but I just wanted to hook everyone up with the options of this rack.
I wish I would have measure the tunnel on the XTX at the spring show, so you could start building racks!
Hope you can sell lot of these racks on here! :)

2trax4me said:
06RSRAGE said:

Well thats fine for him to pass on the deals but if you want to sell the racks here its only fair to the others that pay for you to do the same.... interest is one thing but generated sales from interest is another.

I just paid a ton of money to get a new server and I dont see anyone breaking down the door to help contribute to a site that I run out of my pocket.... this site is a privilege and all of you that have been around respect that and ask prior to making posts like this.

No asking for much just that if you want to sell these on this site as a business there is a small fee.... :o|

This is also your 1st post on the site and dont know you from anyother newbie.

He probabely posted here because i told him about this post, and I hope he gets the deal done and builds these. The Dootalk guys absolutely love theirs!

I want to start a good thing here, so WHERE do I go to make a donation to this site? not sure what your procedure is on this board.
Hope it gets others to donate too! :)

Back