• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

any of the dyno tuners figured out the difference in the exh

skidooboy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
looking to see if anyone found out the difference in the exhausts for the strong running v.s avg running fx nytros and mtx's?

is it the whole system? head pipe? mid, silencer?

i am holding out for an anwser before upgrading. also holding out for an under tunnel system. ski

The way I read it, the muffler is what dynotech believed to be the reason for different horsepower readings. Also, the latest word is that putting a more free flowing muffler on, even with the stock header, allows quicker exhaust flow, which increases output, some seeing 3-4 hp over stock. There's no doubt in my mind that Excell's system is the best route to go with, full systems are usually the key to the most impressive gains in horsepower, along with custom mapping and dyno tuning, but in my case, I didn't feel I would use it for what it was meant for being I'm not into racing or high speed runs, more of a free rider looking for some weight loss and a little bit of snap, crackle, and pop. :Rockon:

I beleive to be honest that its a fuel pressure thing. Ofcourse I could be totally off though. It seems the mountain guys have found that early build Nytro's have a higher fuel pressure.

Back