• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any Viper fire issues?

rbell14

TY 4 Stroke Guru
This sled caught fire near Houghton Lake Michigan. Just curious if anyone is aware of any fire issues with Viper?

Not sure what the cause was on this one.

Attachments

• 15575.jpeg
    15575.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 599

That is my 14 Viper. All I know is I had fuel on my boots and she went into flames when I stepped off to look. No idea what happened. Sad day.

Is that unique to 2014 MY? I have a 2015 and have never seen a recall for fuel line update.....

Wow, sorry to hear that. Maybe a build up of fumes from the boots? Hope everyone is ok.
What I mean is, I looked down after smelling gas and found gas running down the sled onto my boot at an alarming rate. By the time I stepped off it was in flames. Two of us tried to put it out but it got out of control very fast and became too dangerous to keep trying. I just bought the sled a few weeks ago used from a dealer in WI. I am checking on the recall to see if it was applied. I think I will have an interesting few days ahead of me... As if this wasn't enough.
http://www.snowmobile.com/news/yamaha-viper-models-recalled-due-to-fire-hazard-1862.html

Is this on trail 3 lake linden area. Seen two burn holes on the trail ten miles apart.

I've heard of the fuel line not completely seating/locking on the fuel rail and leaking raw fuel onto the HOT exhaust. I zip tied the "lock" on mine and replaced the factory clamps with high pressure screw clamps (not worm style).

Also if tank was removed the vent hose needs to be replaced back on. Did you just fill up with gas?

Back