• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody put Fox Floats on their 1st Gen 4-stroke?

TurboVector

Expert
I'm considering going with Floats and no swaybar on the front of my Turbo Vector since I can't afford a new sled and can't leave well enough alone. Thought this might be a nice upgrade.

TurboVector said:
I'm considering going with Floats and no swaybar on the front of my Turbo Vector since I can't afford a new sled and can't leave well enough alone. Thought this might be a nice upgrade.

I installed 16,5" floats on my RX-1 2003mod. last spring. They felt fine - but I didn't get too much time on them before snow was gone. But so far I am pleased with the upgrade. I left the swaybar in - since I ride quit a bit on trails.

I installed a longer bolts and spacers on the steering linkage since the OEM shock where 15,5". This prevents the front suspension to bind when skies are off ground.

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

One of our RX1 riders bought a turboed sled with floats installed. They raise his front end quite a bit and seem to adversely affect his handling (raise his CG). Of course the fact that his sled is turboed add alot of weight up high on his sled. Other than that they seem to work fine.

Back