• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone have a short answer for hand warmer fix? so many post

TonyVT

Expert
Website
fletcherroughriders.posterous.com
Handwarmer fix? Has anyone fixed with just a re-wire?

There must be a way. There are so many posts on this topic but someone must have found a way without changing bars, adding rehostats, more grips...

Either, paralell vs series or add a resistor or something?

Anyone?

These 06 bars are cold!!

Warm Hands Controller basically a wired in solution the requires some simple splicing- see active thread in General
OR
06 Bars some dealers have them
OR
Wire your existing grips the way the 06 grips would be WITH the 07 sublead - meaning make your own sublead. There are diagrams in some older threads.
OR
Aftermarket grips - some guys used RSI grips with success - I think you can find active threads in the Nytro section.

You are gonna have to do some reading. You have a lot of catching up to do. The Warm Hands Controller is popular now and lots of guys are wiring them up and testing/using them. Lots of guys have also put the 06 bars on but that allegedly creates risk of damaging the ECU. I do not know of anyone who has posted of damaging the ECU, but my dealer claims they replaced ONE customer's ECU because of the 06 bar swap - the customer said it was worth it!

kobrien said:
Fix for an 07 Apex RTX....is it bars, grips, etc?

What worked on my '07 GT was locating and installing a set of the "take off" bars from an '06. The ones that originally came on the sled, and were superceeded when they came out with the retro fix. They plug right in and were easy to install. I dont think Yamaha endorses this fix, but apparently they do endorse frostbite cause nothing else they have come up with works. Ran them all last year and never had to turn them up past 3/4.

I've gone through all the posts. I think I read somewhere that using the new (07) harness with the 06 bars could have a bad effect on the sleds computer or pod. Is there any true to this?

When it affects the clock, I question how it's altering the ECU...

I'd say Rocks little black box is the way to go. It is cheaper than replacing a ecu. I'f I had had a chance at his set up before I changed to AC bars, I'd still be running 06 bars. Maxdlx

Back