• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone lifted their sled in the air?

SAITCH0

I just built a garage with a second floor to store the sled and was wondering if I can lift the phazer mtx from the front and rear bumber? Anyone done it differently?

Do a search for Phazer length, I know I responed to someone that needed to know the overall length to lift it between rafters. The main thing to keep in mind is that by lifting from the fron and back your ropes/cables are likely to make a wide angle, the more the angle the more load on the sled. Imagine trying to fold the sled like a taco shell. I would look to lift from the front structure and then somewere through the middle of the rear suspension. This would also provide torsional support and prevent a corkscreww effect.

I had reservations about that method thats why I asked. Im gonna go with under the sled,behind the A-arm, and thru the suspension. Btw Im the one who asked the question about phazer length and im anxious to try that trap door. Thx for the input

03renegade800 said:
i use a strap on each spindle around the skis, and a hook on the rear bumper. this is how i always lift my sleds.

I think thats the way the choppers lift them off the mountain as well, in the vids I've seen anyway.

SAITCH0 said:
Btw Im the one who asked the question about phazer length and im anxious to try that trap door. Thx for the input

HAHA that's funny when I was typing the reply up I was thinking watch this be the same person! Good luck! Should be fine just tripple check all the rigging.

03renegade800 said:
i use a strap on each spindle around the skis, and a hook on the rear bumper. this is how i always lift my sleds.

Im sold to that idea, thx

Back