• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone out there have a cheap fix for a soft seat?

Clearwater, Florida (ride in Michigan's U.P.)
Website
www.seniorhelpers.com
My seat on my 06' attak sits too low and is too soft. after three days of riding my back , butt and hips really hurt. I am 6'4" tall and have a 3.5 inch riser which is perfect but my legs cramp up and the hip angle is too steep...

the seat is narrow and seems to get really soft on long rides. I feel like i am sitting on the tunnel by the end of the day...

anyone feel the same way? if so have you found a fix.

If I can't find a cheap fix i may have to purchase an aftermarket or newer model seat... any suggestions?

Thanks for your help! ;)!

Take it to a reputable automotive upholstery shop they can add more foam or different density foam for you at a fraction of the cost of a new seat.

They should be able to with the stock fabric somewhat..at least make it firmer. The stock fabric can stretch some.

Boss has a seat fix.. Also I saw last year a company made one that went way back so we wouldn't sit on the hump. I can't remember who sold that one..

monsterattak said:
Long Track said:
Take it to a reputable automotive upholstery shop they can add more foam or different density foam for you at a fraction of the cost of a new seat.

thanks... any knowledge if they can widen it at all or change its shape...

Very possible, however they would need to add additonal vinyl to the original seal cover to achieve the desired shape. Try adding the foam first you can always get it changed later if your still not satisfied.

seat

i cut foam out of mine then replaced with higher density foam, then i put
2" foam over seat, now after riding for 45 mins to 1 hour it gets too hard
so be careful what you do.

seat

i also had new boss seat ordered but they said they don't make one with tail lite. they had no idea how the back would work.

I just had my seat redone on my attak. Took to a uphostery shop they cut out the soft foam replaced with firmer foam and put 1/2 inch hard piece across top. Cost was only 158.00. Just got back from a trip seat was almost perfect. and looked like factory.

Woodysattack said:
I just had my seat redone on my attak. Took to a uphostery shop they cut out the soft foam replaced with firmer foam and put 1/2 inch hard piece across top. Cost was only 158.00. Just got back from a trip seat was almost perfect. and looked like factory.

Thanks so much for the report...

Can you pm me the name and number of place that you took it... I will call and see if they will do one via UPS... I live in Florida and the folks here don't even know what a snowmobile is...

I can get my seat off and shipped into them in August this year and then reinstall when i head up for christmas....

You said "almost perfect" what would i tell them to do differently? if anything...

any tips on seat removal...never done it....

I would rather send it to a shop that has done one already than to take it somewhere as a first try... Thanks...

Woodysattack said:
Woody, more info please. I pm'd you.

soft-seat

I also have this problem and hoped that the Boss seat would help, but haven't received the new seat because the parts shop that they (Boss seats) recommended dropped the ball when I ordered the seat the first week of Jan. and production was slated to start on Feb 20th, they didn't make the order. By March 15th when I contacted the distributer they said that the order wasn't made :o| and wanted to know if I still wanted the seat, so since they already had charged my credit card for the sale in Jan. I told them to get the act together #$%&* and get me my seat. Only then will I know if the firmer seat foam that Boss uses will releave the cramped riding postion, if not I will also contact the seat builder and have more firm foam added to this new seat. Please pm me with the contact info of the seat refinisher.

Back