• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone run sabercat?

rx1ton

Extreme
My sled i thought ran well until this weekend. I have 1 1/4 inch track with a stage 3 supertune and ecp filters. A friend of mine got a sabercat last week and he called and wanted to run. Also ran a new non fuel injected ZR 900. that sabercat with 60miles on it walked right buy me and the field was about 1/4 mile. I was beating the 900 every time and this stock 700 is walking by me Anyone else run a sabercat yet? Do they all run this good or is he probably not stock? Had to go home with my tail between my legs and him running his mouth. Not very fun. :twisted:

Even if the field was loose i was getting him out the hole and mid field he is passing me. I could see if he got the holeshot but running me down? Hell on a lake whose to say he wont keep walking.

I heard the sabercat 600s are fast!! faster than the F7s at times!!

But with all that you have done to your sled..I would think you would SMOKE all of them!!

My sled easily beats polaris 600s and i can smoke a zr800 by 5+sleds!! And i dont have the gearing or the ECP kit on !!! Just the stage two kit!!

Whats done to the sabercat is my question!!

rx1ton: He will never catch you on hard packed snow or ice. It's the only place the RX-1 Really has issues "Deep snow".

I raced my cousins F7 on a long straiaway on a trail last year. He beat me. we then raced on a hard paked road and I killed him!! The F7 has a rolled chain case which make sit pull better through deep snow. The Rx-1 on the other had has a terrible attack angle. Deep snow kills the performance.

trust me run him on a hard packed road or Ice!!

I have a Warrior and have found the same thing in any kind of loose snow just dosen't perform like you would think.Buddy has a zrt 800 in a field I will beat him for a 1/4 mile the next quater he gets me by 2 sled lengths but on a hard packed road he can't catch me.Just have to pick your races that best suit your sled.

I also have the same set-up(stage 3 and ecp) and I also get waxed by my best freinds new ,stock!, f-7. Mid range through top. It sucks! If the weather isn't too bad I'll be trying to tune this weekend. Results were all on hard packed lake. Bill

If your getting beat on the top end and your running on cement like conditions you have a problem!!!

I put 20 sleds on my cousin f7 on a plowed road.

Most F7s or Sabercat that i seen are faster than 900s. Do you know what the angle of the stage 3 kit helix is? I could be wrong but I think it's has a steeper start angle that would give you a better hole shot and steeper finish angle that would make come up to power sooner but cost you top end. If your finish angle is to steep you can tune all you want you will only get so much top end. ET should be better with steeper finish angle shorter distance, tested them on porta tree for every2 degrees shallower about 3 MPH faster will cost a little ET depends on what you want to do. (Later)

If it really bothers you get a turbo. Then you don't have to worry about hard pack powder etc etc etc etc. You could grin all the time, till another turbo hunts you down.

I dont get it, every F7 I run, I smoke them out of the hole and carry about a 4-5 sled length lead until about 1/2 mile then I will be passed slowly. We always run in fairly loose snow and it is always the same result. If we run on a road or something like that, I still get the holeshot but not by as much, but I also dont get passed. It is weird that so many people have so many different results.

Focker said:
I dont get it, every F7 I run, I smoke them out of the hole and carry about a 4-5 sled length lead until about 1/2 mile then I will be passed slowly. We always run in fairly loose snow and it is always the same result. If we run on a road or something like that, I still get the holeshot but not by as much, but I also dont get passed. It is weird that so many people have so many different results.

IS your sled stock??

His sled is highly modified and on loose snow will spin alot harder!! The ecp kit makes a ton of torque and Hp... ON hard pack WATCH OUT!! But on loose snow , less hp can win..

Back