• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Issue

number1kyster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW RTX SE
My dad is on a saddlebag trip with his brand new stock 2022 XTX LE. It has run out of fuel twice with 1/4 tank of fuel reading on the gauge. Today it was 84 miles of groomed trail. When he makes it to the pump he is within 2 liters of the sleds he is riding with. Thoughts?

Pinched vent hose?
Fuel pump issue?

I would remove the pump assembly and get a look at the fuel pickups in the tank. Make sure they are sitting where they belong and in place. As long as you are in that far in, run the return line back above the fuel slipper to prevent starvation when low on fuel too.

This must be it. He just told me it starts cutting out going down hill when he gets to 1/4 tank, but will run fine on the flat.

If you remove the sending unit you can look in the tank with a flashlight and see exactly how the fuel pickups are sitting in the tank. There is one on each side of the tank. One of them can occasionally get fetched up when sliding the pump assembly in, its not common but does happen.

Back