• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone run snowtracker carbides on the sw

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Hey any of you guys run snowtrackers on there sidewinder?
Im thinking of swapping my single keel skis with snowtrackers from my 14 viper that is for sale and putting the tuners on the viper if i get the sw before viper sells!
Pretty sure it is a direct fit between tje 2 sleds?
I love the trackers on my viper they work really well! The sw being the exact same chassis i figure it should be the same handling!

I will also be starting off the season using Snowtrackers. Sorry, but since this is my first year on a Winder I cannot offer feedback.

I will be installing aggressive's onto Pilot 6.9's. Have you been using the semi or aggressive Trackers on your Viper? How is the steering effort? I have been using them for several years on other sleds so I have an appreciation of how well they handle.

I will also be starting off the season using Snowtrackers. Sorry, but since this is my first year on a Winder I cannot offer feedback.

I will be installing aggressive's onto Pilot 6.9's. Have you been using the semi or aggressive Trackers on your Viper? How is the steering effort? I have been using them for several years on other sleds so I have an appreciation of how well they handle.
I have the aggressive ones! On my viper the steering effort was light and yhe railed hard in the corners! It's just a matter of tensionning the center skid shock to the sweet spot (balance between light steering and turning traction).On my viper(thinking ot should be pretty close to the same on the sw) the center shock pre load was pretty close to the stock set up from dealer pdi

No need for trackers on this chassie IMO.....

Pilots offer a light feel, and will bite better in corners....trackers push too much IMO, and dramatically reduce MPG in several conditions from my testing.

Dan

Got a newly designed snowtracker kit specific to sidewinder this summer, had the previous version last winter. These are slightly different, anxious to try them out

Got a newly designed snowtracker kit specific to sidewinder this summer, had the previous version last winter. These are slightly different, anxious to try them out

Do the new Trackers for Tuner III utilize 2 runners? Pictures?

No need for trackers on this chassie IMO.....

Pilots offer a light feel, and will bite better in corners....trackers push too much IMO, and dramatically reduce MPG in several conditions from my testing.

Dan

I couldn't disagree more with you on this one Dan.

Although they still tend to push on just as any carbide does on the 5.7 trail or 6.9 twin keel Pilots in loose snow, those of us that ran them on or 1200's never had any reduced MPG in any conditions.

And I would still like easier steering than the pilots provide as well. I'll be running the Aggressive Trackers on the 5.7 Race single keel and the 6.9 Doo skis this winter, along with two of my other buds that purchased Winders this last year. We all feel the Trackers provide easier steering no matter which machine they go on.

I ran Tracker's on my sled last year. The darting was definitely gone,but he light feel was not there.

I"m going to try the new version when they come out. As the steering effort is supposed to be addressed on the new version.

I also never saw any effect on MPG on any of the sleds I ran them on.

Although they still tend to push on just as any carbide does on the 5.7 trail or 6.9 twin keel Pilots in loose snow, those of us that ran them on or 1200's never had any reduced MPG in any conditions.

And I would still like easier steering than the pilots provide as well. I'll be running the Aggressive Trackers on the 5.7 Race single keel and the 6.9 Doo skis this winter, along with two of my other buds that purchased Winders this last year. We all feel the Trackers provide easier steering no matter which machine they go on.

Mike, do you run any carbide on the outsides of the 6.9's?

Mike, do you run any carbide on the outsides of the 6.9's?

No, none on the outsides. I'd rather the outside keel was worn off to be honest. The twin keel just packs in with snow in the corners and allows that push.

For less push in the loose snow I prefer the single keel 5.7 Race ski, but of course they are narrower and don't float as well as the 6.9's.

For my setup semi aggressive snow trackers are not enough bite to rail but give extremely easy turning. Good setup for my wife. I have decided to try aggressive trackers to start the season. Ice Cobra and '16 Viper MTX skis.

I know Mike, we are at odds on this subject for sure....LOL But we always were, so nothing new!

Dan:4STroke:

On my viper the aggressive trackers worked the best out of all other carbides ive tried (slim jims doolies slingles....) im assuming it should be the same handling on a sidewinder since they are the same chassis.
If i pick up the sidewinder before my viper sells i think im going to swap the skis(tuners on viper and single keel ski with trackers from viper on sidewinder)

On my viper the aggressive trackers worked the best out of all other carbides ive tried (slim jims doolies slingles....) im assuming it should be the same handling on a sidewinder since they are the same chassis.
If i pick up the sidewinder before my viper sells i think im going to swap the skis(tuners on viper and single keel ski with trackers from viper on sidewinder)
Definitely use your Cat skis and swap out the tuners, if not possible, because of timing of Sidewinder (your gonna absolutely love It !!!! This sled rocks !!! ) delivery go with "Curves" you won't be disappointed.

Back