• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone running QAY-54?

ski

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper R-TX LE
I'm wondering if anyone is running the Dalton QAY-54 weights and if so, how much total weight they're using and what mods they have done.

Trying to decide if I should get those or the QAY-58 in order to get the ability to pass the 61.4g total mark if I needed to.

Anyone have a PCV or flash with the air box mod using these weights?

Thanks!

I have air box mod and sandale exhaust with the QAY - 54 on a 2016 viper mtx 141 se. I have a 45/41 helix. Still trying to perfect it and waiting for a bit more snow. With a white secondary spring I had to max out the weight and it seemed pretty close. Pulls very hard. I am having trouble getting rid of an initial over-rev on take off. So I tried my pink secondary spring at 6-1 and the qay with the medium weight in it. This also seemed very good with lots of pull but still can't get rid of the initial over rev on take off. I'm hoping its due to lack of snow but I have read that the profile induces that initial high rpm at take off. Maybe deep snow will load the track enough not to over rev. Did anyone else figure out a good.match for these weights?

I have air box mod and sandale exhaust with the QAY - 54 on a 2016 viper mtx 141 se. I have a 45/41 helix. Still trying to perfect it and waiting for a bit more snow. With a white secondary spring I had to max out the weight and it seemed pretty close. Pulls very hard. I am having trouble getting rid of an initial over-rev on take off. So I tried my pink secondary spring at 6-1 and the qay with the medium weight in it. This also seemed very good with lots of pull but still can't get rid of the initial over rev on take off. I'm hoping its due to lack of snow but I have read that the profile induces that initial high rpm at take off. Maybe deep snow will load the track enough not to over rev. Did anyone else figure out a good.match for these weights?
U could try smaller rollers and also try lowering the belt into the secondary slightly.

Get the Ulitmax XS 825 belt that will fix your over rev problem.

Last edited:

Back