• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone try a 11-12-13 mm swaybar on there RAGE yet?

Yama-Crazy

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper rtx
I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a 11 or 12 mm swaybar for my Rage to make it hug the corners even better with alittle less roll although I'm not complaining about how it handles I just want to enhance what I already have and maybe next year add the 45"front end kit from Pioneer performance and that would be the swaybar Bruce from Pioneer uses with his kit. Do you think adding the heavier swaybar would be better for an aggressive rider or is what the Rage has now sufficient ? I believe it comes stock with a 10 mm bar now.

I thought the Vector and Rage came stock with an 11 mm bar, and the older RX1's had the 10 mm. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

twomorestrokes said:
I thought the Vector and Rage came stock with an 11 mm bar, and the older RX1's had the 10 mm. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I wouldn't know forsure? Read somewhere that the longer track machines had a 10 mm? And yes maybe the Vector does come with an 11.

You're right. Vector and Warrior came with 11 mm and the Rage came with a 10 mm.

Pioneer Performance has 11 mm bars on sale for 49.95 right now. The 12 and 13 are 89.95.

I would think you'd at least want to go with the 11mm bar to control body roll, especially on the heavier Rage. Plus, the blowout $50 price tag is a plus...

garserio said:
I would think you'd at least want to go with the 11mm bar to control body roll, especially on the heavier Rage. Plus, the blowout $50 price tag is a plus...
well I know foresure I want at least the 11mm but do you think the 12mm there will be a big difference?(too stiff)or not that big of a diff?

Bruce told me 11mm gave you the most benefit. 12mm was better yet, but not as big a difference.

I went with the 11mm bar. The stock was 10mm, I measured, it looked smaller.

My "trying to rock the sled on the trailer" test shows a HUGE difference. Now I wait for snow.

stevenknapp said:
Bruce told me 11mm gave you the most benefit. 12mm was better yet, but not as big a difference.

My "trying to rock the sled on the trailer" test shows a HUGE difference. Now I wait for snow.
was it very hard to change Steve?

I measured the one on my Venture today.... 13mm. I'd like to go up.. have you guys heard of 14mm somewhere?

Rage2005Yamaha said:
stevenknapp said:

was it very hard to change Steve?

I've got the stock 11mm from my Warrior you can have for cheap.

Just talked to Bruce at PP and ordered the 11mm bar. Bruce said that in 2006 they put the 11mm bar on the Rage. I checked the Yam site, and the part numbers are different, so it does look like they did put the 11mm on this year.
BTW,off the Yam web site, the 2005 stab bar is $30.94 , the 2006 stab bar is $72.96 .
Better to buy it from PP for 49.95 if you want to upgrade.

You do need to measure the inside portion as the ends flare.

It was easy to change. I'd have a rubber mallet or some such ready, the splined ends needed a tap or two to come apart. But other than that it was pretty straigthforward.

I just ordered the 12 mm bar from pioneer performance to go bigger I would have to change the couplers too Bruce said. I also didn't know that the Rage has a larger stiffer spring than the Vector thats why maybe they thought the 10 mm the 1st year out with the Rage would be good and better for leaning and steering while boondocking in deeper snow Bruce said. Anyways he said it should make a huge enhancement and if I add the 45" front end that sway bar is what he sells with the kit.

You guys that put the new bar on your sleds, what did you do in terms of adjustments on the shocks, limiter straps, ect. Anything?

Back