• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone try a 11-12-13 mm swaybar on there RAGE yet?

twomorestrokes said:
Thanks gnip. guess that's why I read of others sucking the straps up a hole. Interesting that Bruce advises loosening the middle shock spring tension when I read of quite a few others that are increasing it. Seems common to take some of the preload off the front springs though as he suggests.

From what Bruce has told me is that any time you shorten the limiter straps you should reduce the center preload to compensate for the additional preload you added to the center shock by shorten the straps.

Unless of course you wanted additional center preload as well shorter straps for your particular setup.

NY_Warrior said:
From what Bruce has told me is that any time you shorten the limiter straps you should reduce the center preload to compensate for the additional preload you added to the center shock by shorten the straps.

Unless of course you wanted additional center preload as well shorter straps for your particular setup.

Makes sense to me.

Make sure you ride it before you change your settings. I just did my Rage and I don't think I need to readjust anything. I'll wait til I get a few more miles on but so far it feels great. I was amazed by the diff in size of the bar, and I only went with the 11mm. I think if your big like me this is a must do..can't wait til we get real snow!

I got a ride in friday. Local trails, but better ride than I was expecting.

The sled is back to the stock settings (per the owners manual) all around except:
- 11mm front bar
- Straps sucked up 1/4" or so (22mm instead of 15mm)
- FRA at Firm/heavy
- Preload down a couple notches.
- 7.5" shaperbars

Wow. First off the sled is a lot more flat. And I can actually steer. I'm not sure how tired/worn I'll be at the end of the day, but I like the feel of control.

I want more ski pressure or less transfer. :)

Back