• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone try a 11-12-13 mm swaybar on there RAGE yet?

Just swapped mine, not tinkered yet. Pioneer suggests some changes for both the Vector and Warrior, but nothing for the Rage.

The gist was to get more ski pressure from what I can tell. Shorten limiter straps, less front preload.

That's why I was asking. I read that little thing at the bottom if the installation instrucions about the Vector......didn't know if that applied to the Rage also.
I noticed sometimes that kits and products will lump the Vector and Rage together in the application. Didn't know if this is one of those times.
I think I will leave mine just how it is now with suspension settings, and ride it before adjusting anything else.

My plan was to put is all back to stock.

Only changes are new sway bar, snug the straps up a bit (my dealer noted they were loose just sitting there, which they thought was possibly a problem). I also set my FRA to hard w/ preload and all back to stock.

I'll ride it then tinker more.

My front shocks are backed off as loose as they can go without spring shaking loose in saddle when jacked off the floor...front shock of rear skid is set to almost stiffest setting and rear shock is set on I believe 4-5 stiffness clicker is like on 6-7 and I do sometimes bottom out on the big bumps and thats what you want. I'm 185 pounds. Hope that helps you.

Bruce rebuilt/re-valved my midlle shock, I bought the Ohlins rear shock and the heavier swaybar from him and followed his suggestions. Can't wait to ride it and give it a try.

stevenknapp said:
What does the combo of the tight center shock and loose front shocks do? I'd think those two would fight each other a bit?
My sled was very hard to steer so backing off the fronts and stiffening up the center shock helped alot and then after doing that I realized the front shocks have bigger springs(stiffer) than a vector and there is also alot of pressure in the two front gas shocks so not much spring pressure is needed the springs are really only needed to assist in the big bumps...works great for me!

stevenknapp said:
My plan was to put is all back to stock.

Only changes are new sway bar, snug the straps up a bit (my dealer noted they were loose just sitting there, which they thought was possibly a problem). I also set my FRA to hard w/ preload and all back to stock.

I'll ride it then tinker more.

I'm not sure, but when set up properly I think it's normal for slack to be in the straps when the sled is stationary. If they were tight all the time, it wouldn't allow proper rebound on bumps and terrain changes, and would cause a lot of ski pressure. This also limits transfer. When you pick up on the rear bumper the suspension drops at the front and rear of the skid normally. I like it set up so the track touches the ground fairly evenly when set back down.

I'm open for discussion on this one. One way or another, I agree with gnip's thinking that he will ride it first before making any adjustments. This gives you an accurate starting point after changing parts.

Update:
After getting my bar in today, the Vector adjustments that I was talking about say "For pro-active rear suspension" so, do not follow those recomendations for the Rage. :)

gnip134 said:
Update:
After getting my bar in today, the Vector adjustments that I was talking about say "For pro-active rear suspension" so, do not follow those recomendations for the Rage. :)

gnip, what type adjustments does it suggest for pro active?

I agree with gnip's thinking that he will ride it first before making any adjustments. This gives you an accurate starting point after changing parts.

I agree as well, but sleddnig trips aren't a daily thing for me. And I'm trying to tweaking frozen snow covered suspension bits outside the cabin in the winter...if I can. ;)

VECTOR SUSPENSION SETTINGS

When installing the heavy stabilizer bar on a Vector, the following changes along with the bar will enhance the handling.

Shorten limiter strap 1 hole (#5).

Reduce center spring pre-load 1/4" (7 7/8" at free length).

Reduce ski shock spring pre-load 1/4" (9 1/4" at free length).

Adjust transfer rod nut up to 3rd line.

Thanks gnip. guess that's why I read of others sucking the straps up a hole. Interesting that Bruce advises loosening the middle shock spring tension when I read of quite a few others that are increasing it. Seems common to take some of the preload off the front springs though as he suggests.

Did you have to change any settings on your Rage for the larger bar?

And I see your point Steve, about trying to avoid messing with it when it's all iced up...that's usually when I have to tweak it. On the trail side after chipping the chunks away.

There are no pointers for the Rage at all.....and all I might do is take my front shocks 1 turn looser, but I am going to ride it first before I do that.

From the way it's looking here in Michigan.....that ride might happen this weekend....or next weekend for sure! :Rockon: LaLaLa :tg:

gnip134 said:
There are no pointers for the Rage at all.....and all I might do is take my front shocks 1 turn looser, but I am going to ride it first before I do that.

From the way it's looking here in Michigan.....that ride might happen this weekend....or next weekend for sure! :Rockon: LaLaLa :tg:

Wonder how Bruce's suggested adjustments would work on a Vector with the stock 11 mm bar? Any more brand new parts are going to have to wait until after Christmas. (anyone got a 12 mm bar they'd like to sell please feel free to PM :)

As far as snow in Michigan goes, it's starting to look promising. I think Gaylord is getting pummeled. It would be nice to see some slightly further south. I keep saying that someday I'm moving to the UP. ;)!

Back