• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex clutching help. 2011 xtx

yamhaattakman

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 yamaha attak
Hey. Apex xtx I'm.runing pc5. And ignition modual. Air intake. 1.325 cobra . 172 1.4 studs. Trying to set.upmfor 500 foot drags. I have ur stage 2 clutch kit. K helix. Weights for my last race I had 2 tungstons in heel. 3 washers tip. Silver secondary at 6 2. Clutching to 10 4 rpm. Was thinking more heel weight like 2 tungston and 2 washers. Tip empty. Also gearing is 22 38. Any recommendations for just drag racing on snow?

I would drop to 21/38 or 21/40

What are your rpms coming out. Do you mean it’s shifting out to 10,400 but the 500’ or is coming out at 10,400 and holding there.

For 500’ snow drags suspension set up is the biggest factor

Stock gearing was 23 37 so I dropped to 22 38. Dont wanna go mutch lower. I already spin like crazy. Suspension is set up for good tranfer. When I get traction it pulls the skies afew inches and keeps then their. I'm just wondering on washer placement in my supertips. My ho on the dyno is ar 10 4. So right now when I punch it with two tungsten in the heal. And one washer in the tip she jumps right to 10 4 then on top end she unds up at about 10. I took out the tip weight and an gonna try it. I'm wondering if maybe a differ t spring and helix twist would be better. It's set at 6 2. Silver yani spring. Just mainly for drags.

If your spinning like crazy it’s not set up correctly. Lower the front and tighten the limiter straps slightly to put more track on the ground. Sounds like you might be overshifting. Put the secondary at 6-3 and take some tip weight out.

Limiter strap is tightened up. Front end is lowered when I race arms are not even level. Abit less. If I raise the spring in the secondary to 6 3 that will bring my rpm back up will it not.? I'll hafta test it. Trying to find a used td gps to do some actual testing.

It should bring it slightly but won’t over shift as much. Adjusting the secondary is not the proper or efficient way to adjust rpms but from what you describe it’s overshiffting.

I'll turn her up then and see how shes goes. That's how my trail set of clutches is set up with lots of backshift

As of right now tip and middle are empty. So I'll try this. Then see how rpms are then I'll try going to 6 3.

As of right now tip and middle are empty. So I'll try this. Then see how rpms are then I'll try going to 6 3.

I didn’t realize you had the tips empty already. I seen that on a select few sleds with the set up you have. Most of it is an over shifting issue and may have to go to a white sec spring at 3-3 but don’t go over that with the white because they like to coil bind with a lot of twist.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll see how it does. Sled is a beast. My last apex couldn't handle this mutch weight in the heal. She works well. Specially with my 300 pound #*$&@ on it

Back