• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex GT converstion to Attack GT

Jeckylll

Veteran
I am looking buy a 2006 APEX Gt and was wondering what parts i would need to convert it to a Attack GT.

I know i need a 136" track and a Tunnel extension that is givien. I am not a big fan of rail extensions. I would like to keep the GT adjustable rear suspension.

Can i convert my APEX Gt skid to an ATTACk GT or should i buy a new to me Attack GT Skid.

Do i need to do any tunnel modifications or heat exchanger modifications.

I see people changing the skid from ATTack to Ski-Doo or ARtic Cat. Is there someting wrong with the Attack Skid? Is it a change for change sake?

I am a 300lb rider who like to ride off of the grommed trail when ever i can. IF anyone has any recomendations.....

Probalby the right answer is to buy an attack GT instead of converting but i really like the black apex gt sled.

taxes in for a 07-08 Attack in Saskatoon is 15g..... i can buy a 2006 apex gt with 800 miles for 9900 taxes in. That gives me 5g to longtrack. I could supercharge and longtrack for a little over 15.

Stupid taxes 11% in Saskatchewan.

Unless i can find a Attack in montana.

Using track extensions on the Apex is no big deal and works great. Just understand you will need a shock revalve and stiffer spring to compensate for the increase in leverage. I went to 136 this year and did the full monte with the 1.5 inch Intense. I even installed 6 extra wheels and went to extros with a fully clipped track. I went with the 6.1kg spring which may be a little too stiff for my 160lbs. I spent 1500 or so for all the parts, but it can be done a lot cheaper. PM me if you need more info. Jay

I long tracked my RX a couple years ago and really liked it. The rail extens are fine. no trouble at all. I used tracks usa. hyfax the whole rail length. Tunnel extension was also easy! Made the sled look much better and rode great too! They had a kit that was like 6 hundred and fifty bucks total. Track, and both extens. I ran the track to tight and wore the hyfax down to fast. Just do it!

Does the gearing need to change when doing an extension?

This post is 15 years old. You might want to start a new thread

The 136” tracked sleds were always geared one tooth lower than the short track versions and usually had slight clutching changes as well.

Back