• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex mnt. 07 stop suddely/engine and temperatur light flash

Tommy T

Tags:
My 07 apex mnt. Stops after about 10-15 minutes of driving, engine and temprature light flashes. I can start i right away and drive, but i stops again after few meters. Anyone got a clue???? No fail codes (ps sorry for grammar fails... i'm from norway) x

Usually that means low oil and it will shut down to prevent any engine damage. Is the coolant system ok? If its hot then you possibly have a air bubble in there or something. It will shut down for both extremes of either low oil or too hot.

My '06 engine would cut out as soon as I would let off the gas after 1st taking off (first stop sign or when letting off after initial take off.) After riding awhile it wouldn't. But as soon as I would stop for a long period of time (lunch, etc) it would do it again. Scared the crap out of me once when going across the lake wot and then letting off. Thought it blew up. Fired right back up, though. Turns out it needed a valve adjustment. This occurred after 8000 miles. Been good ever since. Thanks to team motorsports for figuring it out.
I didn't have the temp light, though. Something to consider if other things check out ok.

Back