• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Mod in progress w/pics

SJC

Extreme
We started out by taking off parts that were going weigh and verify and than replace them with PereformanceLite parts add some power bling,bling using an MP Supercharger. We would like to continue showing the progress of the Apex mod over the next several weeks if it's OK with the forum.

Pic #1 MP stage 1 supercharger is our choice for hp. the folks at MP have done a terrific job in developing a reliable performance package. There fit and finish is flawless as well. Great job MP

Pic #2 The 8 pound PerformanceLite is exhaust is being fitted into the rear of the stock tunnel. We've re-designed the exhaust slightly which allows for easier/faster installation.

Pic #3 Yamahas has done a good job with making lighter boogie wheels each set now only weigh 1#/10oz./2 gr.

Pic #4 Yamahas stock seat feels and weighs like a sofa 18#/8oz./0gr. The seat will be replaced by a Tall Top PerformanceLite seat weighing only 7 pounds.

Pic #5 Yamahas stock exhaust is another "heavy weight" tipping the scales #18/ 0 oz./ 4gr.

Pic #6 Yamahas exhaust parts weighed in at 6#/13oz./7gr.

Pic #7 Yamaha being undressed and ready for a light weight and hp make over.

Pic #8 Stock Yamaha estimated weight stock 596 pounds

Guess the weight once the folks at TJ Sports are done and win Scott Goggles.

Steve Chichinsky
PerformanceLite Exhaust & Seat Distributor
email: PerformanceLite@aol.com
307-690-3949
Dealerships Available
:4STroke:

Attachments

• StockApex.jpg
    StockApex.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 145
  • ApexInSurgery.jpg
    ApexInSurgery.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 133
  • ApexExhaustParts.jpg
    ApexExhaustParts.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 121
  • ApexStockExhaust.jpg
    ApexStockExhaust.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 144
  • ApexStockSeat.jpg
    ApexStockSeat.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 125
  • ApexBoogieWheels.jpg
    ApexBoogieWheels.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 127
  • PerformanceLite Pipe..jpg
    PerformanceLite Pipe..jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 134
  • MP Supercharger.jpg
    MP Supercharger.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 135

Most guys I know with a front mount dont run any exhaust. They just run a down pipe right into the front of the tunnle. The turbo acts as a muffler and when your in snow it makes it even quiter.
===SRXSRULE===

adirondac blue, yes the PerformanceLite exhaust works with all front mount turbo's. All we need to know is which frontmount you will be using so we can adapt the PerformanceLite to the header being used with the turbo kit. All we really need to know is which degree pipe bend to dobased on the header being used.

SRXRULE, yes you can just a down pipe, however without a muffler on the end there still pretty loud.

SJC
PerformanceLite Exhaust & Seats

SJC, Is the new seat as high as the stock one ?
Can you give us an idea on how louder is the new pipe compare to stock ?
Any new/more pics ?

errol, we offer both a Tall Top and a Standard Top seat. If you need something custom we are happy to work with you on your project.

If you me a call at 307-690-3949 i'll run out start the sled and you can hear it for yourself..... sending me an email 1st would give me a heads up.

Cheers
Steve

Back