• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Riders that switched to XTX

CrankyApeX

Extreme
Website
www.crankyape.com
Looking for some feedback to help in the decision making process this spring. I have and 07 Apex RTX that I swapped the Pro-Active for the MONO and have it dialed in very nice.
I'm wondering how the Apex owners feel about the XTX. How do the two compare in the handling dept, comfort while trail riding, acceleration, top end, fuel consumption etc...Likes/Dislikes. Would you by the XTX again instead of the Apex?

If this comparison has already been done please just point me to the topic.

Thanks

I am happy with my XTX, coming from an attak. The reason i switched was deeper snow capability. The Nytro is easy to throw around and floats better. I think the Nytro handles better if you really ride it, for cruising smooth fast trails, the Attak was nicer. Ride comfort is a wash for me, but the Nytro is colder. Acceleration feels close until about 85-90, the the Attak stretched it out more. Fuel consumption is close, maybe a little bit better on the Nytro for me. Nytro dislikes ice buildup, storage. Nytro pluses weight, off trail, just plain fun factor. My .02.......

You asked....here goes

Had my 08 Nytro.....kinda liked it & got it working well with some tweaks.
It ain,t no attak/Apex on the lakes but has way more bumpability

Anyway; along comes my 09 xtx.
whoaaaa....this is different
No more twitchy front end
Best big bump sled I ever owned....I can,t & have yet to bottom this thing out.
1st sled I can hang with revs in the real bad stuff
You can actually hang back & enjoy hi-speed cruising a lot better then a shortie nytro
Amazing top end for a 144
apex/attak just feels wrong when i ride one now
Still has slightly heavy front end feel & will start tuning on that as soon as -36 goes away

If you want a way more nimble; hugely massively better deep snow performing sled that can be thrown around rather then it throw you around get the xtx
Still a cold frikken ride tho....but to date for a X-over sled that can do it all; ain,t nuttin better!!!!

One mega beef ....still eats sliders real real bad in poor snow conditions.
Mine wear at the bump stop & right at the front inside wheels. Rest of the rail is mint.

xtx

i,ll second turk,s comments. i,ve still got an apex gt and i had a 2008 fx nytro. i ride in ontario mostly on groomed trails. last year i preferred the apex to the nytro 80 percent of time. this year different story. the xtx is a fun sled to ride. you can pound thru the rough stuff but if you want to take it easy it will do that. i,m still working on the heavy steering but i would take the xtx over the apex. maybe i,m used to the seating position but as turk says the apex feels dated. hey turk if you get the heavy steering resolved let us know .thanks i just hope yamaha is smart enough to keep going with the improvements on the 2010 sleds. i,m another one that is really looking at the four stroke ski-doo renegade.

The Apex likes wide open spaces then it is OK. When your in tight quarters the XTX is still fun where an Apex can get cumbersome. In places where you would slow down with an Apex because the bumps get a bit big you can really play with a XTX. No bashing around. Much more control. I feel much more confident on the XTX. Something that might get you into trouble. It pulls harder than an Apex on trails unless they are wide open straight aways. It reacts a bit quicker than an Apex in corners but certinally corners better after you get ready for any ski lift. Usually it stays planted. If you want to sit backi and relax you can drive that way too. The seat is sculpted perfictly for this. Up front more rounded for agressive driving. To take a rest slide back on the seat and give a little lean on corners. I like to keep the power on through the turn. With the Apex I'd use my brake more and slide into the turn more often. The XTX is a good drag sled to play around with. The Apex was too heavy for this. Same thing everybody else said above...
I'd like to emphisize its ditch banging qualities. Crossing roads through ditches etc it is mutch better! Far easier to manouver in tighter spots and change the oil.

Attachments

• Nov 11-07 008.jpg
    Nov 11-07 008.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 66
I had an 06 Attak for 3 seasons- great sled for the open fast trails in Quebec. In the tight bumpy trails of vermont and NH it was a handful. This year I bought a Nytro RTX Se-great in the bumps, super responsive motor,good gas milage. MY big #*$&@ ache is the Nytro doesnt like to corner,mine has wicked inside ski lift. I am working on adjusting that away. Once I get the ski lift issue under control I will be thrilled with the Nytro

I have a 06 apex gt and i bought a XTX i have done 3 weekend trips so far, doing another one tomorrow i havent moved my apex once this season the apex is a good sled but it feels alot heaver and it takes more to ride it all day than the XTX, both are good sleds but id rather ride the XTX

Coming from attak 07 loved that sled, great on open fast trails and lakes the seating position feels dated compared to xtx.
The xtx is ligther and better in bumps miss the top end but it`s not bad for a 144" seen 170km/h on speedo whit 1,75" back country. only driven 550 km so far but i dont regret it and i dont think i will.

Back