• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX RTX Skis ?????????????

I also just got pilot 5.7 ski's the kit. they work great on my 06 gt. defentily awsome ski for the money.

Are you guys running with duel wear rods ? The new 08 pilots are only coming drilled with the centers. You can still drill the outside ones they are there just not drilled. Do you know why they did this?

im running dual carbides..

Manufactures like to keep changing things they think will help durabilty etc etc..

simple fact is, the dual carbide pilots work well on our sleds.. because they dont have a deep keel and are easy to turn yet becaue of the dual carbides, turn very well and actually make the sled handle better..

kotapug said:
Are you guys running with duel wear rods ? The new 08 pilots are only coming drilled with the centers. You can still drill the outside ones they are there just not drilled. Do you know why they did this?
I was told simmons pat.covered duel runner tunnel skis,which the pilots still have a tunnel and two runners,so they can't sell them with the outside runner,but the mounting is there just need to drill them out.
IMO I fell Skidoo is just tring to save some money,and maybe more WEIGHT.

kotapug said:
What are the majority of you guys running 5.7 with 6" in the center and 4" on the outside. Does is matter what degree ?

Thats what im running..

I dont worry about degreees to much becuase they wear fast around here anyways..

im running 4" triple points in the middle and stock doo 4" on the outside. note i am not studded and scott said the 4" would be fine when we get some snow i will find out.

I just ordered a complete set of pilot skis including 4 wear bars from my ski doo dealer for $215. These are direct bolt ons with no mods needed and all needed parts included. These are the 2007 skis that still use the double carbides on them, not the 2008's that only use one carbide. The older pilots are said to track and corner better than the "08"'s but the "08"'s are lighter for the XP's. Pioneer Performance says these are the best they have found for the Apex and the Attak. We'll see when I get mine.

I hpoe I don't offend anyone but I really don't understand all this whining about skis. I have ran with the stock skis on my 06 RTX for 2000km this year and have just put on the " Qualipiece" carbides with the big toe on the front and I can run up the railbeds and through the trails with no pushing, and very little darting. I understand if you're a Snocrosser or oval tracker or Mountain Rider you might need different skis.

My 110lbs girlfriend rides my sled and loves it. She thinks it handles lighter than her 1999 Vmax 500. When I ride with her I don't think I have 2 hands on the bars ever. There's a little darting but hey I'm riding a snowmobile not driving a Cadillac.

I just received my PILOT kit yesterday and bought the kit for $191.00 . Also received my 13 mm sway bar . For both these aplications is there any tricks or is it pretty much follow the instructions.

I installed the sway bar and completley love it, makes a big diffrence in cornering. My inside ski lift is gone but I also put the Pilot skis on and love them also . These two upgrades made a big diffrence and I wish YAMAHA would do theses little things from the start because I dont think it would cost them anymore money to put the bigger sway bar on. I understand eveyone likes diffrent skis but there is hardly anyone who says they love the factory skis. My next upgrade will be revalve to get the great ride I wanted when I bought it but maybe I exspected too much for ditch banging. :rocks: :-o

I just put on usi x2's awesome ,I had stock skis w/duelies night and day differance.

Back