• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX TAIL LIGHTS

I think it's awesome and I think you guys really seem to look for any little flaw... It's not that big a deal.

#1: It's Flanged and fits in a hole. It's not loose. What happens if you seal it up so it doesn't move , but then it fogs up when you ride it?

#2: It's not going to be "jumping around."

#3: Rotax is right, you guys are being too picky. lol

Tail Light on Apex

I agree about being too fussey, But when you spend $ 10,000 for a sled there should be ISO type quality.
Case in point is my freinds Apex GT is tight and that's the way it was manufactured.

Fastening of the taillight

How is the taillight fastened-rivets? (I haven't had the seat off of my sled yet). The taillight on my Apex can be moved some, but doesn't seem to be loose enough to be concerned.

I took a very small piece of closed cell foam and packed it in the top of the tail light, at the point of the triangle. You can't tell it's there and it takes all play out of the unit. It took about 20 seconds. I used the same type foam and tightened up the "hood" also the only difference is I put a dab of RTV to keep it in place.

RED800
RTV Silicone sealant. When I refered to the hood it may have thrown people off. If you check your front holder of the "hood" there is quite a bit of play in it. It may never bother or even be noticeable but I put a small piece of this closed cell (won't absorb water) foam in there and secured it with a dab of silicone just to satisfy my own anal retientiveness. (sic)?

My own 2 cents is that I'd rather it have some give instead of stiffening it up for no play for that one time when you get it buried and slip off and hit it and break it off and wish you had some play in it. But what do I know. We'll see how the winter plays out and how they hold up. SO quit wiggin ya'll BLUE ME!!!

Back