• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex vs Culvert... culvert wins. - UPDATED @!

Kevin Garceau

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Smoked a hidden culvert.

Launched me at 300lbs completly over the handle bars and did a full flip and landed about 6 feet away on my back. Bit the tip of my tounge almost off.

Of course folded the A-Arm back busted up a ski etc....

What can I expect for damages? I have full coverage so not worried too much.

Also after that reverse is just grinding, but I hit on the clutch side. Matter of fact when I did get it to work, I was backing up and it launched back forward.

culvert1.jpg

I would be inspecting the bulkhead. I would also have a dealer do their measurments to ensure the frame isn't bent. I landed a jump with my RTX on the clutch side also, and cracked both halves of the bulkhead and tweeked the frame. Totalled the sled.

-1CS

Glad to hear you are okay. This is/can be a dangerous sport.

I second what 1CrazySledder said. Anymore it doesn't take much impact to total a sled out. That is a nasty culvert. Hopefully others are now able to see and avoid it!

We dug it out, so its completly exposed and Put a big stick in front of it.

Its going to the dealer on tuesday. I have great insurance so Im telling him if anything is funky let me know. Not that I wish to scam the insurance but there is a reason I pay for it. I dont want a sled with issues that constantly return.

Also when I went off it rolled the throttle block complety over I have a big bruise on my gut and my legs from smoking the handle bars.

I will get pics of the sled tomorrow. By the time I limped it home I took a few minutes to get my back up sled out of the garage and we left. We went to eat and IM sore as a mofo now..... could have been bad, wife was behind me and freaked she said my legs were at least 15 ft in the air. Luckily I landed as best I could.

Sorry to hear about your wipeout. Hope you don't find more problems with you in the next few days.

It sounds like the sled is probably in pretty rough shape. Probably tweaked the frame and cracked the bulk head.

Sorry to hear of your sled, Kevin. Looks like the 'Glass Jaw' theory strikes again. I hit a buried wall @ <5mph. Bent the trailing arms, luckily no other damage. Lightweight construction's great but starting to wonder if the sleds are too fragile.

I guess we should have gone to the races yesterday. Hopefully it all comes out ok Kevin. I was paranoid in the ditches all last night after I heard that.

Races were cancelled they are doing them next weekend. We were leaving South Shore when it happened. Actually closer to Wonderlys, but was following my buddy who runs the races.

Too windy on the lake yesterday.

Its a good thing I couldn't make it out my driveway then. Have you looked at the sled anymore yet? I have a stock set of Apex a-arms and skis here if it helps any.

Hey Kevin,
Glad to hear it wasnt worse for you.
Sled is no big deal.
So you guys have 16 inches on the ground?
My buddy and I ride around there alot.
His father has a place on Snug Harbor on Castle Rock right behind the Ski-Doo dealer.
I forgot that Mauston was so close to there.
If we come up to ride, we will look you up for sure.
Keep us posted on the conditions there.
Glad you are OK.
Matt

Well over 20 inches on the ground and still snowing.

I will post some pics in the lounge.

Attachments

• slydogs.jpg
    slydogs.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 38
  • slydogs2.jpg
    slydogs2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 36

Back