• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex VS. Crossfire 1000 Results..

I have raced an 07 1000 cf, an 08 1000 cf, and the 1000 cf-r.
Firstly what I have done. Airbox mod, cr10 plugs, micron exhaust, dragonflys, 23 gear, 14 inch track.
The 07 cf was easy to beat anywhere, no problem. The 08 cf was a little stronger, but was still easy to beat. But the new cf-r was not the same sled at all. The 07 and the 08 one were dead nuts stock. The cf-r I raced it on 2 different occassions. The first one he beat me by a ski in about 1/4 mile. The second time the sled beat me about maybe 4 lenths in a 1/4 mile, but this time the drive was a fly weight 135 lbs, comparied to the first raced to the ouner of the sled weighs the same as I do 200 lbs. It's amazeing how much a drive will give a sled. I also don't know how stock the sled is. They said something about shift assist and a spring. I'm sure there is more done to it.

1xr said:
Firstly what I have done. Airbox mod, cr10 plugs, micron exhaust, dragonflys, 23 gear, 14 inch track.
The 07 cf was easy to beat anywhere, no problem. The 08 cf was a little stronger, but was still easy to beat. But the new cf-r was not the same sled at all. The 07 and the 08 one were dead nuts stock. The cf-r I raced it on 2 different occassions. The first one he beat me by a ski in about 1/4 mile. The second time the sled beat me about maybe 4 lenths in a 1/4 mile, but this time the drive was a fly weight 135 lbs, comparied to the first raced to the ouner of the sled weighs the same as I do 200 lbs. It's amazeing how much a drive will give a sled. I also don't know how stock the sled is. They said something about shift assist and a spring. I'm sure there is more done to it.

Got any studs?

1xr said:

whats a micron exhaust?????

SledFreak said:
1xr said:

Got any studs?

Yes I do, I have 72 1.45's

sj said:
1xr said:

whats a micron exhaust?????

It's a home made exhaust made from a carbonfiber microm bike pipe. It looks about like an excel.

ApexerER)
When I was leaving the Coin Lavine in St. Come this weekend a Z1 Turbo pulled up so I walked over to look at it. The guy riding it told me to keep my Yamaha. He traded his Apex in on it and said he has never ridden such a piece of crap in his whole life. That has to suck, dropping 13K and hating it. He said it had plenty of power, the fit and finish was terrible and it rode awful

Would this guy happen to be from Ontario Canada...if so I think I know who it is!! :yam:

I raced a F8 last night and was amazed to see how I could walk by him, he's studded and I'm not so out of the hole he had 3 to 4 lenght on me but once I HOOKED up...I'd fly by him I thought these F series had more perforfance than that I wasn't impressed at all! I'm BONE stock.

1xr said:
SledFreak said:
1xr said:

Got any studs?

You need atleast 144, if you are going to race a CrossfireR.. Did the Crossfire R have any studs? The way that race played out, I lay money that he has an different y-pipe on it.

SledFreak said:
1xr said:
SledFreak said:
1xr said:

Got any studs?

You need atleast 144, if you are going to race a CrossfireR.. Did the Crossfire R have any studs? The way that race played out, I lay money that he has an different y-pipe on it.

Last winter I had 144 studs in a 1 inch predator. The hookup was only better on a harder surface, but I felt I lost top end to what I have now.
The cf-r had 118 studs I think, we had about the same hookup on that day. I don't know if he has a y-pipe or not. Although he has lied about the work he has done on his last two sleds zr 900 and a f-7. Both had lots of work (porting y-pipes etc)and he claimed only clutching.

SledFreak said:
That's what the Cat guys do. They lie about there mods..

They also kick puppies, leave the toilet seat up, and pick their noses. Arctic cat guys are the worst!

:Rockon:

Back