• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arctic Cat 141 swap help needed

MNytroXTX

Veteran
Hello everyone.
I am picking up a 2012 Arctic Cat 141 float rear suspension on Friday and am looking for information on how to mount it. I've looked at the other post on here and still have some questions. On other skid swaps I have done I always took the measurements from the donor sled and applied them to the new tunnel. Is this the same or is there a better way to do this. I am wondering what else I might need to know before starting this project. Any information or links to others who have done it would be great.
Thanks in advance,

Ok Thanks. I will check it out. How’s the ride and is there anything I should know before starting? How is it holding up?
My thoughts:

- Hard to compare ride quality to the stock skid since I didn't run them back-to-back, but I don't have any complaints
- Weight loss is really good for the money based on my experience
- I can tell a big difference between my modded Nytro and my wife's Vector when lifting up the back end
- I added the anti-stab kit and Dupont slides
- I'm still running the Arctic Cat tri-hub though I think it's risky long term
- The float skid holds way less snow than the stock Yamaha skid

Overall, no regrets and the skid has held up just fine. I think there are probably better performing trail options, like the Skidoo R-Motion, but this is the best weight reduction option based on my research.

My thoughts:

- Hard to compare ride quality to the stock skid since I didn't run them back-to-back, but I don't have any complaints
- Weight loss is really good for the money based on my experience
- I can tell a big difference between my modded Nytro and my wife's Vector when lifting up the back end
- I added the anti-stab kit and Dupont slides
- I'm still running the Arctic Cat tri-hub though I think it's risky long term
- The float skid holds way less snow than the stock Yamaha skid

Overall, no regrets and the skid has held up just fine. I think there are probably better performing trail options, like the Skidoo R-Motion, but this is the best weight reduction option based on my research.
Sounds good. I was going to install a EZ Ryde skid I picked up but the Arctic Cat skid looks like an easier install with less guesswork. If you think of anything else let me know. Thanks again for the information.

Back