• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are 08 MTX ski's good for trail riding

dookiller

I just bought a slightly used 08 MTX and was wondering how the sled will handle trail riding this winter . It will have new rods installed with 6" of carbide. I want my wife to ride something that doesn't dart around too much. I s there a dual runner setup for these available. Thank you!

i dont ride much trail , but when im on trail i dont have any complants , there better out in the powder then on trail , just like any other mountian ski

Ride it like a quad, standing up. I have no complaints when it is on the trail once you get used to it. It does not ride at all like an old school sled. My wife hates riding mine, but it is set up to run in deep snow not the trail, no ski pressure.

Well that doesn't sound too bad for handling I guess I'll wait till it snows and see how things go. I have never had to much luck with single rods on the ski's with polaris but with double rods they were excellent. Does anyone know of a dual ski rod set up for this style of ski ?

I ride mine as a crossover, all stock last year. I love it but you got to be a rider that moves around, but suprisingly I havnt had any trouble pushing through corners, only have like 6" single carbide? not sure. had to make some scratchers for the skis to keep slides on it

Back