• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are RS's just for "women"?

gnip134

Expert
I'm always reading on this board that..."That Vector would be a nice sled for my girlfriend"or, "The Rage is the perfect sled for my wife".

Is it wrong to by a sled for better handling rather than for top speed?
Just a question...... :D

sled

I don't think nothing is wrong with either I just drove a vector on the ty ride and had a blast This is my opinion so no bashing please.I like the vector better than the rx1.It feel's super light like an sxr,and you can carve in the powder very easy.Now I want one.(lol)

Well I think you guys are wimps, just kidding, I bought a vector for the lady just because she is coming off a 110ish hp sled and yami doesn't have anything else for her other than the 600 which is outdated to say the least. She doesn't need the power of the rx1 or even the power of the vector but those are my choices so I save a grand and get the vector. I think the vector/rage is a great setup, I just need to be the big dog in the group all the time, lol at least in my mind. You guys just have small man syndrome, once again just kidding, ride what ya like and stick to your guns your sleds are a great piece of machinery ahead of any 2 smokes out there and in my opinion just a shade off the rx1 in performance and in other areas even better.

I just need to be the big dog in the group all the time, lol at least in my mind

lol...I have one of them that ride with me too! :D

When we race....we are even till bout 70 or so.....then i see dust....that is if we are on a lake.

In a trail....I can toy with him..... ;)!

That doesn't surprise me as a better handling sled will out due muscle (hp)in the trails I just like having the pull all time at a moments notice. They are both great sleds one better at one thing and so on. Hey I am taking the vector this weekend and letting mine sit home, she wants me to break it in and make sure all is well before she goes up north. Not sure I agree since this is her new B-day present. As far as the big dog comment I have to atleast keep up with the 04 rev800ho that I ride with. I always get him with style points and for now reliability since his went boom last week.

I was going to buy the RX-1 but my dealer sold it just before I decided to get a new one. After reading all the good reports on this site about the Vector and the fact that is lighter, better gas mileage, better front end for the trails and less engine braking when compared to the RX-1, I got the Vector. Also, I not into big top-end speed. Im sure that I would like
the RX-1, but I am glad I got the Vector.

Don't get me wrong.....

I ride with 2 buddys that have 05' Warriors......I love the pull on them for sure!!! But I like being a bit more nimble on the trail, as thats what we do mostly.....trailride long distance.....

I ride a Vector Mtn. and love it. My wife likes it too but she's more for trail riding than off-trail so I'll get her an '06 Rage which should be more to her liking.

The RX one is definitly not a girls sled... My girlfriend tried to drive it.... NOPE SHE COULDNT TURN IT!!

I did buy the Vector Mountain for my wife since I liked my Rxm so much. However, I rind that I am enjoying those days when I ride hers quite a bit....I do notice that my Rx climbs a bit better with a higher track speed but my next sled could be a vector turbo 159 (please oh please yamaha come out with that option so I don't have to do all the work!!!).

T

I'm not sure if my wife could handle an RX1 but she certainly can handle a 700 SXR with added parts for more performance. She is 44 and loves power and nothing else than Yamaha. I decided to go with the Vector because I was due for a replacement. I was going to get an RX1 but after all the reading in the magazine and on this site I opted for the Vector and I don't regret a second. I'm a trail rider and this machine gives me what I want. Performance on the trail, great handling and a comfy ride. If I need more performance one day, I can always add a Turbo!!!.

:yam:

Back