• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch sheave scarred, how to repair or replace?

Viper S

VIP Member
I found out yesterday the low speed noise going on with my 12 Vector Ltx clutch is being caused by some scarring on the sheave that occurred end of last season. My question is how to fix it, machine or replace with a used clutch? Priced some used on EBay last nite, not cheap and probably more Covid pricing! Thanks for any help…

Last edited:

I found out yesterday the low speed noise going on with my 12 Vector Ltx clutch is being caused by some scarring on the sheave that occurred end of last season. My question is how to fix it, machine or replace with a used clutch? Priced some used on EBay last nite, not cheap and probably more Covid pricing! Thanks for any help…
Are there actual grooves?

Yes, some small but detectable ones down low…Rest of the symptoms are like I described. Just trying to find a solution that will work!

any machinist can do a skim cut for you and get rid of most of it if not too bad. the only guys i would trust mine to is the guys at thunder products.

i know what you mean on clutch pricing as been looking to pick up a spare for our 10 sleds that use the same one.

Yes call THUNDER PRODUCTs they have the hi tech equip and know how to fix you up.

Back