• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

are they joking?

IMHO Yamaha has too many chassis and suspension variations. They still have the old DB1 in the base Venture, the DB3 with the new Apex and Vector, the Phazer and the Nytro chassis as well. They have the mono, the Phazer rear with the Arctic Cat style upper rear arm links, the Nytro rear, and the XTX style rear. They have created a very diverse lineup but for production effieiency maybe they just need to build 1 single chassis that satisfies most everyone, offer engine choices, and a couple of suspension options.

totallyamahanotsomuch said:
WOW, I posted a message in regards to the disappointment I had in the introduction of the 2012 sleds and the lack of new product to meet product demands. I was told I was bashing and they removed my Message. My point was not to bash but because of the loyalty to the brand I have just been frustrated with the lack of new product. It just seems like Yamaha is lacking that aggressive approach and are to content to just sit back. I didnt think I was really being harder then anyone else in expressing that frustration. (maybe I was to much to the point)It doesnt matter if its a sled, quad or rhino, I really do want to stick with Yamaha but I am running out of options. Example would be if I wanted to update my 2007 700 EPS Grizzly what I am to update too? I would really like more power. If I wanted better power to weight ration in a sled over a Nytro and better handling, bigger fuel tank, what are my options? I look at the competition and they have some attractive options.
Anyways I thought I was not being unreasonable, was just trying to express the frustration.

This will be my only comment on your 'posting habits'. You signed up to a Yamaha enthusiasts website (literally one day ago) and you choose a username that basically says 'I'm a Yamaha hater'. Second, your first post is basically a rant about how Yamaha has it all wrong.

This is not a consumer complaint forum. It is a resource for Yamaha owners to hopefully heighten their enjoyment of their Yamaha sled. I'm sure if you went to a Harley forum and started your membership off the same way, you'd receive the same treatment. The management team at TY is here to help other owners and we all agree on what lives and what dies, if that means we are wearing blue colored goggles, then so be it.

Try investing in the TY experience before signing up just to bitch.

And before you hit reply, I am a member of the moderator team.....

Chief, as a often sensored member of this site I applaud your expalnation of why you did what you did.

bottlerocket said:
With a name like totallyamahanotsomuch there is already no passion....

Talk about being Disrespectful to this site.......I think you REALLY REALLY need to change that...like right now

Seeing HOW MOST OF YOUR POSTS ARE BASHING OR NEGATIVE ANYWAYS you bring very little value to this site :bash:

Metallicat said:
IMHO Yamaha has too many chassis and suspension variations. They still have the old DB1 in the base Venture, the DB3 with the new Apex and Vector, the Phazer and the Nytro chassis as well. They have the mono, the Phazer rear with the Arctic Cat style upper rear arm links, the Nytro rear, and the XTX style rear. They have created a very diverse lineup but for production effieiency maybe they just need to build 1 single chassis that satisfies most everyone, offer engine choices, and a couple of suspension options.

Can you imagine the bitching you'd hear then?

On a more general note, I agree with teh people saying that Yamaha should really fix some of the minor issues with the sleds. Stuff like the handwarmer controls, the small gas tank on the Nytro should be changed. But I disagree that all the things people have done to mod their sleds should be addressed by Yamaha, and I don't think any of the manufacturers should be trying to revamp their line-up every three years.

Right on CrewChief and BountyHunter! Heck, If i was MrSled I would have said at registration for him to pick a different name. Just disrespectful IMHO.

And guys, Yamaha really is not joking (a response to this threads title), this is their line up this year. Will they have a late release sled? No one here knows, but i'm not holding my breath.

But unlike some I really like thier line up. There are like 3 or 4 models that would fit my riding just fine. Of course I'd mod the heck out of it just because!

Thoughts?

483126d1299089286-2012-cat-pics-montana20242.jpg

We dont need people to come over here and talk bad about our choice of sled ( YAMAHA ). The guy said noyhing good sice his first post! I say you guys get him out of here. From the looks of it he belongs on Doo Talk ! :die

strangeland2 said:
Thoughts?

483126d1299089286-2012-cat-pics-montana20242.jpg

Ya that AC sled looks nice. I'm looking forward to the official release with more info. Look's to be a nice factory intercooled turbo -- most likely 4 stroke. I'd love to see AC put a factory turbo on the M8 or m1000 2 strokes. Factory mountain killer!!!!!!

ive been reading all the posts about the new sleds and thought id throw my opinion in the mix. I hope someone from yamaha is paying attention....truly i do.....anyway...I have been a fan of yami since i was 15 and am now almost 40. ive owned and still own atvs, motorcycles and waverunners and got a yami sled in 07 when they released their last, to me anyway, exciting winter product.. the phazer. I have never been stranded on a yami and have never had any issues with them that were not my own doing. I have always maintained them but have always riden them hard...never had an issue...until i got into their sleds...we all know the issues with the 07 phazers and needless to say I was VERY surprised by how much trouble that product was having never had ANY major issues with a yamaha product...then I got a apex mtn...bad choice on my part...while the motor is rock solid and an absolute dream to ride, the rest of the machine cant withstand the abuse i put it through...but it wasnt designed to so that is my own fault...so to get to the point...once again I find myself scratching my head when it comes to the new sled release...ever since 07 i have not seen anything that was very exciting....i guess what im trying to say is that being a yamaha guy i never felt like yamaha was a boring company...until i got into their sleds....i know the economy sucks but yamaha is an amazing company...they CAN do better...i just wish they would...ill continue to own their products... just dont know how long ill own their sleds...for the first time in my life i am seriously considering another brand...although the quality issues i see are rather scary...maybe ill just jump back on a phazer :) who knows...anyway, that is my 2cents, for what it is worth.........what happened to the days like in 1993 when yamaha released the yamaha waveblaster, something like NO ONE ELSE had (which I still own by the way and it is still the most fun ive ever had on the water)...??? did that machine stay around long???? nope...no one could ride it...it was VERY tippy and hard to get on when you fell off...but DAMN was it fun and still is...they quit making it shortly thereafter...but at least THEY TRIED! now i fear with the market the way it is it is limiting the opportunity for radical machines or experiments like that waveblaster...I dont know, i guess i just keep hoping yamaha would keep trying to be on the cutting edge more...maybe that is an unrealistic hope...who knows...but I will keep hoping and waiting for the next "waveblaster" :)

I remember a guy i knew bought one of those Wave Blasters when they came out. He let me try it, and it was awesome, but i do remember drinking a lot of water that day! lol. Guess i'm not very good on water, but it was fun.
I guess my sled anger comes from my 07 Phazer too, which is not Yamahas flagship model. Should've bought the Vec like my buddy did. In another month or two, i'll be bragging about my awesome Yamaha Raptor and WR250r. 2 out of 3 aint bad.
Mike.

Yamahas lineup is less than stellar and everyone is talking like cat has it all figured out but last year cat only and only changed their graphics. Maybe next year will be Yamahas year. I remember reading that Yamaha got a new head honcho for their snowmobile division last year so maybe he can help starting to turn it back around.

Well, since yamaha didn't come with the sled I really want (100-110hp, lighter weight FX sled) I would have liked to see some weight loss on the FX nytro and sno-x front bulkhead. I would have bet money on a totally new model to celebrate 10 years of 4-strokes.
Yamaha seems to have slipped back into a conservative mode regarding sleds but what this signifies is still unclear. Are they "resting" from the engineering push to develop the RX-1 to gather resources and prep the next great 4-stroke revolution? Or has the sled division gone adrift in the wake of the 4-stroke conversion?
A new model is more than another choice in the showroom. It signifies a manufacturers renewed commitment to the sport. 2012 has no manufacturer with a new motor (doo-new skid, po-same, AC-new chassis, no 600, no 1000, same motors). Between the epa, the economy, the price of sleds and gas, our sport is getting hammered. The time of a new model every second season is over.

Back