• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak season end impressions

orange said:
hate to say it but for any powder riding I can think of many other sleds I would rather have than any yamaha, unless you have some serious coin for a turbo and all the lite weight parts they make.

Yeah, I know, but I can't think of any other 4STROKE I'd rather try for trail & powder. I may pony up another $1500 in to it...I got a H#ll of a end of season deal on it.

Ya if you are willing to spend the money to lighten it, put better ski's and bigger lug longer track it can be made to work. There is a guy on here who put a 1.5x144 on his and said it really made a difference. I will say for a trail sled or ditch sled it is awesome to say the least.

got 1500 kms on first set of sliders , with 2 inch track and mountain skis this rocks as hard as my 800 rmk 151 did on the steep and deep. also dropped down to a 20 top gear. has excellent track speed now. jumps excellent because of 136 lenght best all round track .

newfieattak said:
got 1500 kms on first set of sliders , with 2 inch track and mountain skis this rocks as hard as my 800 rmk 151 did on the steep and deep. also dropped down to a 20 top gear. has excellent track speed now. jumps excellent because of 136 lenght best all round track .

No Kidding!? Same set up as mine with the 2 inch track and you are all over the deep stuff like 151 RMK?! No 144 installed? Is that what you are saying?

:-o
Man that sounds real good- could you give us more of a ride report? Just how deep of powder and how good is it? Did you have to remove the tunnel protectors? Notice anything negative about it?

removed tunnel protectors, put on 9 tooth extroverts from doo, track is a 9797m camoplast which is ran with 2 inch of slack. ran 22 top gear at first
now 20 top giving me 1.93 ratio. On 3-4 ft powder can out climb a 900 rmk 166 with a bit of work on any technical hill he cant run with the attak he is to long, bye the way got 8 years hillclimbing experience in Mcbride B.C , i am sure on a straight climb with me on the 900 i could out climb the attak , but the attak can really do everything well. guys who i ride with thought my attak was turboed first time out riding with them. :4STroke:

newfieattak said:
removed tunnel protectors, put on 9 tooth extroverts from doo, track is a 9797m camoplast which is ran with 2 inch of slack. ran 22 top gear at first
now 20 top giving me 1.93 ratio. On 3-4 ft powder can out climb a 900 rmk 166 with a bit of work on any technical hill he cant run with the attak he is to long, bye the way got 8 years hillclimbing experience in Mcbride B.C , i am sure on a straight climb with me on the 900 i could out climb the attak , but the attak can really do everything well. guys who i ride with thought my attak was turboed first time out riding with them. :4STroke:

wow! That's freaking cool!!
Makes me think my 144x2 inch Summer project may be too much, maybe a 144x1.5 would do....Anything negative about the 136x2" ? How's it float in flat deep powder?

My 07 Attak Gt does pretty well in the powder, But it doesn't come close to the apex mountain. i had a lot of fun in the powder this year. One thing you could do is to change your track to inch and a quarter, the extra half inch makes one hell of a differance. :rocks:

Back