• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

attak vs fst in amsnow

orange

Pro
seems in the new amsnow the fst handed the attak its azz in about every category including weight. The fst ran almost 108 and the attak was around 104. If I remember correctly the fst ran a 13.0 qrt vs 13.7 for the attak, speeds in the qrt were both 98-99 range. A fully fueled attak weighed 691 vs 670 something for the fst switchback. Amsnow call the fst sneakyfast and after seeing the reults I would have to aggree. I have been curious about the fst, now I am wondering about trading if they have all the issues worked out. I go west every now and then and it would be nice not to loose any power in the mountains. The results are posted over at hcs in the fst section if you want to go look, title is fstvsapex attak.

I always knew the FST was a better handler - never figured it to be quicker and faster. Still had it's share of problems - if Pol gets those ironed out it is one nice lookin sled. Still rather have the Turbo on the Yam4 holer.

You couldn't give me a FST. They have more problems than there worth. Take a look under the hood and see how Mickey Mouse the motor is wedged in there

I own both an 06 Attak and an 06 Fst.My son has an 07 Attak, the fst is about equal in speed. My Attak is S/Charged so we don't line them up together. I hate to admit this but I trail ride the FST on long runs and ride the Attak on the short road rides. In my opinion the fst is a more comfortable sled all around. The sled has had it's problems (all the recalls) but now that all the updates have been performed the sled runs good. In all fairness I am 56 years young and do not ride hard so I can't fairly report on aggresive riding. ;)!

I just read the article and the Attack wasn't even compared to the FTS. The Attack was compared to the Renegade. Which it did very well against.

The FTS was 3 mph faster top end on snow which Yamaha's are terrible in Glare Ice the attack has shown 116 at Rock's event in stock form. The best Amsnow could pull was 104. That speaks for itslef.

sorry dirk, but I ride on snow, not glare ice. Regardless, it seems the fst has some pretty good power, especially down low and to 60mph it is very quick. Don't get me wrong, I luv my attak but having a turbo would be nice cause it would always have the same power. I can't beleive the fst would ride anybetter than my attak either, but I do like the looks of them.

I know a guy that just bought a 07 fst they came along way in the last two years.They finally are getting the sled tuned in to where it should be it's an impressive sled.Kudo's to them for rleasing a production turbo.

Interesting on the weight issue because Maximum Sled weighed all the sleds as we would ride them with all fluids full and the FST was much heavier than the Apex, and the Attack isn't much heavier than the Apex. I really do not think that Amsnow has a history of being real accurate myself.

Just think how much that Poo will be worth down the road compared to the Yammi. Resale tells you a lot about a sled and resale value is one thing Poo sleds don't have much of.

I am surprised about this post.

I happened to be sitting alongside the trail last Saturday with a buddy, looking at the map, and a guy came up on a brand new FST switchback.

we talked about both sleds(apex) and we switched. I rode that pile of shiite-muslim for about 400 yards and turned around.

I didn't want to insult the guy when he asked me what I thought, I just told him that the Apex "seemed" to have better response.

WOW what a turd that thing was.

Throttle response was not even comparable to our Yammies, and the sled was especially hard to turn.

My opinion is the FST is a mere shadow of a 1000 powered Delta-Box.

orange said:
seems in the new amsnow the fst handed the attak its azz in about every category including weight. The fst ran almost 108 and the attak was around 104. If I remember correctly the fst ran a 13.0 qrt vs 13.7 for the attak, speeds in the qrt were both 98-99 range. A fully fueled attak weighed 691 vs 670 something for the fst switchback. Amsnow call the fst sneakyfast and after seeing the reults I would have to aggree. I have been curious about the fst, now I am wondering about trading if they have all the issues worked out. I go west every now and then and it would be nice not to loose any power in the mountains. The results are posted over at hcs in the fst section if you want to go look, title is fstvsapex attak.

Don't belive everything you read. Last week I smoked 2 of them on our lake in about 660 with my wifes Vector.

Back