• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Axys RMK spindles

Thanks again Kurt

Found these for a good price so I’ll have both options. Gonna try the short ones just to get back on the trail. Once I dial in the front, I’ll worry about the rear (Hey-O).

Agree Doo’s R-Motion is gonna be awesome. My buddy has a Polaris rush with their version and it’s an awesome rear skid.

A lot of people want to know about what we’re doing. I’m considering publishing the “recipe” with part numbers and specs to help other Yamaha fans. Sounds like you’ve cracked the code.

Have a great run on the Soo, wishin I was in Michigan. Let us know how it goes!!!
Awesome! These sleds are fun when the front is dialed. Hopefully the rMotion is the last piece to balance out the rough trail handling. If nothing else, it drops 20Lbs.

Status report time. The RMotion suspension works GREAT in my 121 Nytro. Much better than the Yamaha skid, and roughly 20Lbs lighter. Finally, the FX Nytro rides and handles like it should have on fast and rough trails.

Thanks again Kurt

Found these for a good price so I’ll have both options. Gonna try the short ones just to get back on the trail. Once I dial in the front, I’ll worry about the rear (Hey-O).

Agree Doo’s R-Motion is gonna be awesome. My buddy has a Polaris rush with their version and it’s an awesome rear skid.

A lot of people want to know about what we’re doing. I’m considering publishing the “recipe” with part numbers and specs to help other Yamaha fans. Sounds like you’ve cracked the code.

Have a great run on the Soo, wishin I was in Michigan. Let us know how it goes!!!
PLEASE publish the parts list you guys used.! I've been interested in doing this since I first heard about it. I've got the Mountaintech front end on mine but I believe I've seen someone else out Polaris spindles on there. My spindles aren't bent but they are chewed up bad at the bottom and my skis have unfixable slop regardless of how many new spacers and new parts I throw at it. Really looking for a better and safer design. I'm legitimately worried about my spindles snapping that's how loose they are down low.

PLEASE publish the parts list you guys used.! I've been interested in doing this since I first heard about it. I've got the Mountaintech front end on mine but I believe I've seen someone else out Polaris spindles on there. My spindles aren't bent but they are chewed up bad at the bottom and my skis have unfixable slop regardless of how many new spacers and new parts I throw at it. Really looking for a better and safer design. I'm legitimately worried about my spindles snapping that's how loose they are down low.
Close to finishing

I have been keeping track of all parts I’m using as well as shim spacing

Hope it works out!

Also going with the taller 2018 RMK Axys Spindles over the 15 XCSP Spindles. Polaris used polymer bushings at the ski cross bolt with a metal bushing and spacers. Curious if the 15 XCSP rubber will work as the part number is different than the Axys

Also going with the taller 2018 RMK Axys Spindles over the 15 XCSP Spindles. Polaris used polymer bushings at the ski cross bolt with a metal bushing and spacers. Curious if the 15 XCSP rubber will work as the part number is different than the Axys
I cut the tab off the bottom of the Axys spindle and shaped it to fit in the Yamaha rubber.

I cut the tab off the bottom of the Axys spindle and shaped it to fit in the Yamaha rubber.
Turns out the Axys RMK spindles wouldn’t work with the OEM Yamaha lower control arms. Hits the ball joint front at 50% of the turn. Plenty of room on the back. Maybe aftermarket lower control arms allow more turning radius with Axys spindles???

15 xcsp spindles and skis work great. Darting reduced, cornering improved. Had front GYT shocks stiffened 1 shim inside. Sidewinder outer tie Rod ends, M10 to M8 reducer bushings and 4 M10 X 2.7 mm shims were all I needed to bolt on. Might play with upper control arm shims, they’re not parallel, any suggestions???

Set rear torsion springs to softest, May try medium, but wasn’t bottoming often. After 180 miles on trail, ice weight sagged my rear height 2-3”. Not an expert on rear skid science, gotta study up. Rear rode as good as anything I’ve ridden.

Definitely glad I went with the Polaris spindles. Will restore the Yamaha spindles and try an OEM comparison to the mod - time allowing.

All parts were easy to source, except for the shims to center the lower ball joint. Had those cut by a machinist.

After a long ride with plenty of sit/stand my quads were on . I’m 5-11 ~210# in gear. Any input from taller riders appreciated.

Overall happy with switch to Polaris skis and spindles. 2015 XCSP is what I used.

Going to post pictures and part numbers for those interested in trying the same. Feel free to reach out with any questions in the meantime.

Turns out the Axys RMK spindles wouldn’t work with the OEM Yamaha lower control arms. Hits the ball joint front at 50% of the turn. Plenty of room on the back. Maybe aftermarket lower control arms allow more turning radius with Axys spindles???

15 xcsp spindles and skis work great. Darting reduced, cornering improved. Had front GYT shocks stiffened 1 shim inside. Sidewinder outer tie Rod ends, M10 to M8 reducer bushings and 4 M10 X 2.7 mm shims were all I needed to bolt on. Might play with upper control arm shims, they’re not parallel, any suggestions???

Set rear torsion springs to softest, May try medium, but wasn’t bottoming often. After 180 miles on trail, ice weight sagged my rear height 2-3”. Not an expert on rear skid science, gotta study up. Rear rode as good as anything I’ve ridden.

Definitely glad I went with the Polaris spindles. Will restore the Yamaha spindles and try an OEM comparison to the mod - time allowing.

All parts were easy to source, except for the shims to center the lower ball joint. Had those cut by a machinist.

After a long ride with plenty of sit/stand my quads were on . I’m 5-11 ~210# in gear. Any input from taller riders appreciated.

Overall happy with switch to Polaris skis and spindles. 2015 XCSP is what I used.

Going to post pictures and part numbers for those interested in trying the same. Feel free to reach out with any questions in the meantime.
I think I’ve seen a MTX that had stock arms with Axys spindles that had a small section cut in the front, now that you mention the fit issue. At the time I thought nothing of it, but they must have needed a little clearance for steering throw.

Man I would totally be interested in what parts you used and some pics. I am swapping to a 136 right now and having some shock work done. This would be a really nice add on to the front end.

carwashguy, are you using the 2015 XCSP spindles on stock Nytro A arms?

carwashguy, are you using the 2015 XCSP spindles on stock Nytro A arms?

Yes, but if you have an 08 or an 09, I'd double check to make sure there's no changes to the a-arms or tie rods. 2009 RTX-SE and all 2010 and up Nytros had the updated front-end components.

Yes, but if you have an 08 or an 09, I'd double check to make sure there's no changes to the a-arms or tie rods. 2009 RTX-SE and all 2010 and up Nytros had the updated front-end components.
Thanks, I will check it out. I have an 08' and a friend has a standard 09'. The biggest thing to be concerned about would be the thickness of the lower A-arm at the ball joint, right? Do you have any pics of your XCSP spindle set up you can add to this thread? Thx

I wonder if the Indy cross country OR the 600 racer spindle would work? They seem to locate that top ball joint up a little further.
I am following this as I am in the market for a 121 Nytro for a project. I had a Nytro 144 back in the day and could never get the front end to my liking.
Seems like you guys are on it.

Back