• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

back end mving around

jakeho

Veteran
I have an 06 Apex and have shimmed the skis to help with the darting. It semms to have worked a bit but the back end seems to shift around alot. Any suggestions?

If you are darting and fishtailing, these are symptoms of too much ski pressure. Have you attempted to back off on the ski pressure using the front shock springs?

It is possible that the strap on the front of the rear suspension has been shortened?

Studs can't help until you spin down through the loose snow and touch something solid. Ideally you want it set up to go over the loose snow more efficiently. But in some conditions, a shorty will still fishtail anyway.

Air shocks are adjustable. Lowering the pressure will help.

Thanks Len,
Not sure what the pressure is I will check it tonight when I get home. Is there a range of pressure. I'm around 250 lbs. with gear on. And, how much should it be lowered?

How much? I can not tell you. But, I would try it in small increments (e.g 1-2 Lbs per try.) Also, I am sure there is a minimum pressure. You do not want to go below that. If the front end start scubbing in turns, then you have gone too far.

Back