• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ball joint Update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

front end

just talked with anchorage dealer. front end update kit will be around 650.00 dealer cost for front end kit for the 08's. This includes,a arms , front clip, spindels.....ball joints too

Re: front end

nytro23 said:
just talked with anchorage dealer. front end update kit will be around 650.00 dealer cost for front end kit for the 08's. This includes,a arms , front clip, spindels.....ball joints too
:drink:

Re: front end

nytro23 said:

This means the update will cost us near $1000 If it includes a new updated subframe it may be worth it. If it doesn't I'll get the barkbuster front end for $800

I dont think there will be alot of buyers at that price. Not after spendng the money on the machine in the first place.
Id be up for no more than about 450, after that I'd think about aftermarket. (or trade in..)

bend a front end and it'll feel like it is cheap. have you guys priced out the titanium or chromoly front ends yet (just the sub frame). never say never.

and right now everyone is getting their panties in a bunch and doesnt even know if there will be an update, let alone a "price".

yamaha took care of the viper owners in 02 with 4 shocks for 189.00 and installed them. and the apex bars and heaters for reasonable pricing. they will take care of the nytro owners too.

BE PACIENT!

ski

skidooboy said:
bend a front end and it'll feel like it is cheap. have you guys priced out the titanium or chromoly front ends yet (just the sub frame). never say never.

and right now everyone is getting their panties in a bunch and doesnt even know if there will be an update, let alone a "price".

yamaha took care of the viper owners in 02 with 4 shocks for 189.00 and installed them. and the apex bars and heaters for reasonable pricing. they will take care of the nytro owners too.

BE PACIENT!

ski

Yea $1800 for the chromoly subframe Kinda spendy I planned on getting the barkbuster front end anyway this summer. Rode 1/2 the season this year & I don't have any issues yet.

Mine's bent, and I didn't even notice until after the season was over. I plan on tearing my sled down and looking into what is actually bending. I've seen the welded x braces the Iron Dog guys did, but I'm going to try to machine something out of aluminum that can be clamped onto the frame to stiffen it?? Gotta play with the mill...

Does anybody actually know where exactly the subframe is bending? I hear all this about the A-arms out of alignment, but have never seen or heard of anybody pointing out exactly where this bending is occuring??

My question is and will always remain the same why should the buyers pay for yamaha's mistake? It should be a NO cost fix no matter how you slice it.

TurboJamie said:
My question is and will always remain the same why should the buyers pay for yamaha's mistake? It should be a NO cost fix no matter how you slice it.

Amen!!!

anchorage

By the way, the dealer described the difference in front ends as ; riding two handed through a corner where you can now drive one handed. Says it's a big difference.....is it worth the $$$$ guess that's up to you. I've got two kits coming.....

theCATman said:
TurboJamie said:

Amen!!!

I completely agree that a buyer should not pay for a mistake. But would you really call the '08 design a mistake? I would bet that Yamaha would argue that it performed just as they wanted it to. And that the '09 design is simply an improvement over the previous design.

Isn't this what most corporations call "continuous product improvement"? I don't think there was anything particularily wrong with the '08 design. Yamaha just simply made it better. So if you want the improved design, I think you should pay for it. Now if it really resulted in a situation where the '08 design could put someone in danger ... then yes, I would agree that Yamaha should issue a recall and fix it free of charge.

Let me put it to you this way ... If Yamaha hadn't come out with an improvement over the '08 design, would you still be complaining?

If you disagree with this comment, let's please not start a huge arguement ... I'm simply trying get show the other side of the coin. ;)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back