• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Banshee gearing Q's

98'banshee

Ok guys I need some help, I am new to this site but have been on bansheehq for a while but at the current time the site is down.

Beside that point I need help with some gearing. I trail ride and occasionally bring my banshee to the track, but I found out today that I have a broken tooth on my front sprocket. I do know it is good to change the chain and both gears at the same time so I found a good deal on the complete set, BUT should I stick with stock gearing or should I go down a tooth or two in front and up in the back? Input is always appriciated Thanks in advance.

I no longer have my shee but if you change the front sprocket I would not go smaller unless it is only one tooth. I used to trail ride mine all the time and the stock gearing worked just fine for me in the woods of North Idaho. I would suggest that if you really feel the need to make a change to a lower ratio that you should change the rear sprocket. Just changing two teeth on the rear will make a difference.

Mine had Fatties and a K&N and stock was just fine.

Back