• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bar warmer fixes

In order to use the 06 grips on the Nytro bars you would have to cut the nytro bar ends off then put the apex grips and ends on. Or you could just use the whole 06 bar and grip and just plug the grips into the existing plugs. Its plug and play..

Ok some of you guys are making this more confusing than it really is .Find yourelf a set of ORINGNAL 2006 bars from either a 2006 apex or 2006 attack & just simply plug them in.Yes you will have to use the existing throtle & brake mechanism that came stock on your 08 nytro's. It aint rocket science just plug & play ;)!

parkindale said:
Ok some of you guys are making this more confusing than it really is .Find yourelf a set of ORINGNAL 2006 bars from either a 2006 apex or 2006 attack & just simply plug them in.Yes you will have to use the existing throtle & brake mechanism that came stock on your 08 nytro's. It aint rocket science just plug & play ;)!

Yea true, but not everybody has a 2006 parts apex. If someone was to go into a dealer and order the 2006 bars from an apex. Would they be the ones your talking about.

parkindale said:
Why didnt you just say so sooner? I'll just reach under my bed and pull out a set of 2006 Apex/Attack bars and head out to the barn and slap them on. I totally forgot about those extra 2006 Apex/Attack bars I had laying around all this time.

waubamikrider said:
parkindale said:

Yea true, but not everybody has a 2006 parts apex. If someone was to go into a dealer and order the 2006 bars from an apex. Would they be the ones your talking about.

No!, not likely, the bars that everyone is talking about are the ones that came from the factory when the 06's came out. The three piece bars which consisted of the bar with heated grips rivited to the bar along with two bar ends that bolted on each end of the bar. The comlaints were enough that Yamaha basically issued a redesign and offered a new set of bars with grips already included along with a wiring harness to allow the new bars to be plugged into the exsisting electrical system on the sled. These "new" bars have the same grips as all the sleds with bar ends have from 07' up. However, upon many purchasing these "new" bars and installing them they found that the heat was still not suffecient. In time discusion about going back to the original bars but using the series connector that came with the "new" bars became a reallity and now that is what many have done. If you go to the Apex/Attak forum and search "Want Hot Hands?" you'll have many pages to explain it. Since the original bars were quickly swept up to perform this mix match mod, you will not likely ind too many sets for sale. You certainly will not be able to go to the dealer and order the 06' bars as Yamaha no longer makes them. In fact they don't even make the "new" 06' bars anymore. Your best bet is to either look into another way of powering/controling them, ie: the old knob on the SRX's or something along those lines. You can get different heat elements but remember it's a factor of resistance, voltage, and the pulse rate of the controller that plays a role in the heat out put. Also since your grips are alread wired in parallel you will not benefit from swithing series to parallel.

It's a long summer we'll figure something out.

The equation driving the output of the heater elements is; P (Watts) = V^2 (volts) / R (resistance). In this equation the only variable we have to manipulate is R, the resistance of the heater elements. Yamaha controls the voltage.

For example: assume a maximum voltage supply of 14V. If the resistance of the grip heater is 15 Ohms the output will be 13W. Drop the resistance to 7.5 Ohms and the output doubles to 26W. If the resistance in the Apex grips is lower by at least 50% then this swap makes sense. Otherwise, it seems like a lot of effort for little return.

08 FX Nytro lover said:
parkindale said:
Why didnt you just say so sooner? I'll just reach under my bed and pull out a set of 2006 Apex/Attack bars and head out to the barn and slap them on. I totally forgot about those extra 2006 Apex/Attack bars I had laying around all this time.
I didnt mean to sound like an #*$&@,I was just trying to help out a few people that want the grips too work by telling them if they can find a set of 06 bars that its an easy swap.

Back