• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shock Rebuild Canada

Dynomax666

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex
whos best for yamaha shocks in canada, not even sure if either can be rebuilt or if they're too far gone:

2010 nytro XTX.
centre shock has major eye wear from the track rub on it, and this one dumped all its oil out after the last ride of the season... none other issue is looks like someone has stripped the threads on the body. its adjusted at about 1.5" preload from the bottom, which might be ok.
Eye on bottom has wear from track as all nytro seem to

2007 apex GT 121 Ohlins with resevoir
electronics have been tore off, no plan to hook those back up if it can be rebuilt and ran as is w/o the electric adjust
This one when pushed in barely rebounds at all (as in sat all night and only came back out an inch). Has too much damage been done to this running with blown shock, or is this rebuildable?

Are there cost effective options for new if either of these shocks are not good?

Thinking of Shocktec in Ontario Canada.

Frank at Shocktec has a good reputation, several family members and other guys I ride with have used him and been happy. I’m close to Peak Velocity in Claremont, Dean has done my shock work for years and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him from my own experiences.

Frank at Shocktec has a good reputation, several family members and other guys I ride with have used him and been happy. I’m close to Peak Velocity in Claremont, Dean has done my shock work for years and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him from my own experiences.
I emailed shocktec and had a response in 5 minutes, thats a good sign! im worried about the nytro one, it has a few problems... whats available for after market or should I just look for a used stock

hygear does make them for it but ouch on the price.

elka makes a stage 4 that would fit that is a cheaper option but still pretty pricy.

i had seen a fox replacement one on a few nitro xtx's but i have no idea where they got it.

might want to try barn of parts for a used one or one of the other sled dismantlers. i bought a whole skid to get the shocks for my 11 xtx.

If you're talking suspensions in Canada/Ontario, Accelerated Technologies has to be mentioned.

Back